Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:



Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meetings if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 

 

2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Scott Wells

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - September 27, 2018
  • (9/27) John confirming dates for the remainder of the year.
  • (9/27) Risk Review in two weeks.
  • (9/28) Proposed XSEDE2 reporting schedule reviewed by John and sent to the SMT for review and approval.
  • (10/11) Provide more time for completion & avoid conflicts. 
    • Will require an update to PEP. 
    • John has informed Bob that this is coming. 
    • IPR7 work will occur during SC18, but most of the difficulty will fall to John
  • (10/11) Decision to move forward with the proposed new schedule. 
  • (10/25) IPR7 commences on Nov. 1. Changes to this IPR from previous ones include:
    • L2 sections should provide updates on any management changes (L2 director, L3 manager, PM change).
    • L2 section highlights that you want moved up to project level highlight, please highlight this in the template.  Ron will then pull from that for the project level highlights. High impact things. 
  • (11/8) Positive feedback from PMs re. reporting process thus far. Deeper dive into submitted content next week.  Please continue to be responsive to PMs as they try to resolve any issues/questions
  • (12/20) IPRI commences on Feb. 1. 
    • Annual report will be due May 15.
    • NSF review: dry run Monday, June 10. Review June 11-13. 
  • (1/17) Reporting period is coming up in 2 weeks. Risk review notifications will come out next week.

Discussion:

  • IPR8 Reporting begins tomorrow. PMs will be soliciting info for the report. Same report process as in the past. 
  • PY9 Planning
    • Start Feb 11. 
    • Plans will be presented at March quarterly meeting. 
    • Watch for email from Leslie Morsek re. the schedule. 

Decisions:

 

3. March Quarterly Meeting (Ron Payne)

Previously:

  • (1/29) Added to agenda.

Discussion:

  • Logistics update
    • March 4-6 (Monday evening through noon Wednesday)
    • Same as XRAC (Embassy Suites LAX North)
    • Room block details not available yet. Amber is still working on getting the reservation block opened up. As soon as we have it Ron will send an email out with details. 
  • Agenda
    • L2 PY9 Planning Summaries
    • Expect to have template out for slides next week. 
    • Will send out a request for topics (plenary or parallel) and will build the agenda around those. 

Decisions:

  • Craig to present on ROI as a 30-minute plenary (prefer Monday evening) at the quarterly. 


4. XAB Recommendation (John Towns

Previously:

  • (1/29) Added to agenda.
  • (1/29) XAB recommendation: "explain from the vantage point of the user to frame each area. Here are the user needs and how we are trying to meet them"

Discussion:

  • (John): L2s could update the mission/description in the RY4 report template to add this vantage point.
  • Currently don't provide what areas are for end user audience. 
  • Add one more sentence to the mission statement to answer: Why does an end user care? 
  • Roll into IPR8 and going forward
  • End user is defined as a researcher that might get an allocation or use XSEDE services (current or potential user).  

Decisions:

  • Add one more sentence to the mission statement to answer: Why does an end user care? 


Around the call updates

Follow this basic outline:

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) -  
    •  Had phone call with Bob this week. 
      • NSF is in restart mode and prioritizing things they'll be doing.  
      • Will not be making new awards.  Working to complete pending awards. 
      • Rescheduling review panels. 
      • John submitted draft transition plan to him. It has been accepted and posted to IDEALS.  
      • Discussed IHPCSS. No other way to get grant funds to support so reallocating some of XSEDE budget for participant support costs. Bob is in agreement with this. 
    • Congratulations to Dana Brunson who has shifted from OSU to Internet2. She will continue with XSEDE from Internet2. 
  • CEE (Kelly) -   
    •  No update
  • ECSS (Bob S/Phil) -  
    •  No update
  • XCI (Dave L/Craig) -
    • Continuing to work on software repository issue. 
    • About to fill gap in XCI staff (replacing Eric Coulter) 
  • Ops (Greg/Victor) -  
    • No update
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken) -
    • No update  
  • Program Office (Ron/Leslie) - 
  • SP Forum (Ruth) - 
    • Welcome to Ruth as SPF Chair! 
    • SPF met once in 2019. 
    • Primary activity is providing input to NSF regarding follow-on award and what forum members feel is working well, important, etc. 
  • UAC (Emre) - 
    • No update
  • NSF (Bob C) - 
    • No update

Next Meeting: 

  • SMT - February 14, 2019 

 

  • No labels