Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:



Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meeting if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 

 

2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Karla Gendler

Previously:

Discussion:

  • (6/21) Scott - about half-way through the current reporting cycle that runs May through July. Timelines will go out in July for an August report prep time.
  • (6/21) Ron - Annual Report was approved, and it has been loaded into IDEALS

Decisions:

  • note

Actions:

  • Maytal requested a Quarterly Leadership Radar identifying major project level activities, new tools/functionality released, etc. - Ron to proposal options to serve the need


3. NSF Panel Review (John TownsRon Payne

Previously:

  • (5/10) John emailed a draft of his thoughts on an alternate agenda for the NSF Panel Review.
    • Ron - Lizanne thought there should be an Evaluation topic for 15-20 minutes
  • (5/24) Panel Review wikipage
  • (6/18) Previous discussions can be found in meeting notes from 5/24

Discussion:

  • (6/21) Ron - still

Decisions:

  • note

Actions:


4. XSEDE Staff Publications Initiative & Technical Report Series (Laura T. Herriott and Victor Hazlewood

Previously:

Discussion:

  • (6/21) Laura - requested email distribution list. Reviewing Berkeley and Illinois Tech Report Series policies; in particular the notion of numbering has come up as a lesson learned when establishing a new series. Currently, Laura, Victor, Ron, and Craig will vet the Technical Report series process and share, we welcome others who are interested.

Decisions:

  • note

Actions:


5. XSEDE External Code of Conduct - Phasing into website (Ron PayneMaytal Dahan

Previously:

  • (6/8) - Added to agenda
    • Suggested phases:
      • Phase I - basic wording on the site since there was clear directive from NSF regarding harassment and repercussions for grantees.  web page: https://www.xsede.org/codeofconduct
      • Phase II – create the form for reporting. Need ETA
      • Phase III – add it to the portal account creation and training registration forms as a check off box indicating read and understand. Need ETA

Discussion:

  • (6/21) - Suggested phases: 
    • Phase I - basic wording on the site since there was clear directive from NSF regarding harassment and repercussions for grantees.  web page: https://www.xsede.org/codeofconduct
    • Phase II – create the form for reporting. Need ETA
    • Phase III – add it to the portal account creation and training registration forms as a check off box indicating read and understand. Need ETA

Decisions:

  • note

Actions:


6. TACC Special Allocation - Use of XRAS (Ken Hackworth / David Hart

Previously:

  • (6/20) - Added to agenda via request from Ken Hackworth

Discussion:

  • (6/21) Dave H - custom allocations for TACC. Concerned about precedent and doing that for other SPs 
    • Kelly - NSF asked TACC to handle special project allocations like LIGO separately than other allocations. Hoping to use the regular allocation process still. 
    • Dave - could we leverage the common discretionary allocation or does it have to be TACC only?
    • Kelly - NSF wanted Stampede2 submissions for large allocations to be handled separately
    • Shawn - as an SP not clear on the motivation, we get experimental side requests. Normal channels vs. discretionary, not clear
    • Kelly - Bob is asking us to track them in a more formal way rather than giving them access
    • Shawn - it would behoove the NSF to clearly articulate their objective so that different program officers are doing the same thing
    • Kelly - large requests and the scale of Stampede2. Large Community Allocation is how Dan referred to it
      • Stampede2
      • Any others should be discussed with Chris
    • Dave - by invitation only and Chris will tell Ken via ticket when they come in, from the user perspective rather than the resource perspective

Decisions:

  • note

Actions:




Status updates

Follow this basic outline:

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) - no update
  • CEE (Kelly) - no update
  • ECSS (Bob/Phil) - Nancy is officially retiring from XSEDE at the end of the month; also on vacation until the 26th. ECSS all-staff meeting at PEARC as well to respond to climate survey 
  • XCI (Dave L/Craig) - no update
  • Ops (Greg/Victor) - pilot for data transfers; could ping SPF again
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken) - middle of submission window. XSEDE is an official ORCiD member
  • Program Office (Ron/Laura) - 
  • SP Forum (Shawn) - Dana Brunson will host next call where Kristin will share the ER campaign, Dave will share allocations, re submission of the bioburst L3 SP application, face-to-face meeting at PEARC
  • UAC (Emre) - no update
  • PM&R (Karla/Scott) - no update
  • NSF (Bob) - no update

Next Meeting: 

  • Cancelling July 5th, 2018 due to holiday
  • SMT - July 19th, 2018

 

  • No labels