Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:



Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meeting if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 

 

2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Karla Gendler

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - January 4, 2018
  • (1/4) Karla - end of January is the end of a quarter. February 1st begins IPR5 and due 2/15. Then will move into PY8 Planning through the Quarterly Meeting draft due to XAB 4/10 (meet 4/17). Starting May write RY2 annual report
  • (1/18) Karla - IPR5 is coming up and due 2/15 to NSF. Monday 1/22 email will go out, so work with your area PM. Risk review also underway, see email from Kandace. Planning will begin immediately after reporting. Will write mid-year review panel response document as well.
    • (1/18) John - Bob hopes to get us the document by 1/19; might be good to get that done early to prevent overlap
  • (2/1) Karla - IPR 5 begins today, work with your PM. 100% of risks reviewed. PY8 planning email coming soon.
  • (2/15) Karla - IPR w/John and should be submitted soon. PY8 Planning is next in preparation for the Quarterly presentations
  • (2/15) Lizanne - ACTION meeting with John needed
  • (3/1) Ron - detailed update at the Quarterly. Updated 5% template for Planning slides
  • (3/29) Karla - PY8 Planning Process in motion in preparation for the XAB meeting. Also getting feedback from SPF and UAC
  • (4/20) Karla - XAB reviewing PY8 Plan; feedback due 4/20. April 30th is the end of the quarter and May 1st begins reporting; email with details going out 4/23. Final report due May 17th.
    • Ron - on the PY8 plan, the SPF providing feedback; when should we expect that? 
    • J Ray or Shawn Strande - ACTION provide feedback to Karla; Sergiu will ping J Ray as well

Discussion:

  • (5/10) Karla - John reviewing report now. On target for NSF submission ahead of the deadline.

Decisions:

  • note

Actions:

  • Maytal requested a Quarterly Leadership Radar identifying major project level activities, new tools/functionality released, etc. - Ron to proposal options to serve the need


3. SP Forum Membership Requests (Ron Payne

Previously:

  • L3 Letters of application to the SPF forwarded to SMT for review, for:
    • Southern Illinois University - BigDog cluster rebuilt thanks to a CI site visit – APPROVED
    • University of Missouri - didn't name a specific resource. What goes in the RDR? – NEED RESOURCE
    • UCSD: BioBurst cluster - didn't follow letter template. What does the SP bring to the Forum and XSEDE and how could it benefit from its involvement? What goes in the RDR? – NEED RESOURCE AND BENEFIT

Discussion:

  • note

Decisions:

  • note

4. Alternative Agenda for NSF Panel Review (John Towns

Previously:

  • (5/10) John emailed a draft of his thoughts on an alternate agenda for the NSF Panel Review.
    • Ron - Lizanne thought there should be an Evaluation topic for 15-20 minutes

Discussion:

  • note

Decisions:

  • note


Status updates

Follow this basic outline:

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) - future discussion about adjusting presentation. Importance of having introductory content. Consideration for adding that content to the report as well. Spoke with Bob Chadduck about Program plan
  • CEE (Kelly) - 
  • ECSS (Nancy/Sergiu) - 
    • Nancy - emphasis on Training in PY8 and how to turn that into action with JIRA. Ensuring expertise gaining is being recorded.
    • Phil - those who are recommended to ECSS without requesting it and being proactive. Additions to Portal and Website about ECSS to increase interaction
  • XCI (Dave L/Craig) - 
    • Rich - reporting
  • Ops (Greg/Victor) - 
    • Greg - connecting centers and shifting to IPv6 with ECSS-like services for fine-tuning DTNs. Have DUO licenses and telephone credits
    • Victor - DUO licenses lining up with the Project Year. Information services interaction diagram. NSF reviewers misunderstood collaborations with security; don't have hard requirements. Hopefully a diagram would be able to show them the relationships between XSEDE staff, Enterprise services, processes, etc.
    • John - might also be good to create a dependency chart. This will also be good for XSEDE3 understanding.
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken) - reports from previous allocations and analysis. Multi-year start-up requests now in place to save resubmitting during award. ER team working on XRAC webpages. Portal team helping with Resource Selector tool. Meeting with Ops to discuss moving XDCDB to AWS: documentation, changes, costs, etc. Hardware refreshes at NCSA could potentially have an impact and whether XSEDE purchases. Security being consulted through engagement with Ops
    • Nancy - suggestion to raise awareness of multi-year allocations
    • Phil - ECSS for multi-year awards discussion needed
  • Program Office (Ron/Laura) - 
  • SP Forum (Shawn) - J Ray has moved on. Elected vice chair. SPF recommendations circulated. Broader range of services the Forum offers include opportunities to use or test services that may be available. May be good to remind larger XSEDE community about the L2 and L3 resources through a broader communications.
  • UAC (Emre) - 
  • PM&R (Karla/Scott) - 
  • NSF (Bob) - 

Next Meeting:  May 24, 2018

  • No labels