Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 6 Next »

Attendees:


Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meeting if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 

 

2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Karla Gendler

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - January 4, 2018
  • (1/4) Karla - end of January is the end of a quarter. February 1st begins IPR5 and due 2/15. Then will move into PY8 Planning through the Quarterly Meeting draft due to XAB 4/10 (meet 4/17). Starting May write RY2 annual report
  • (1/18) Karla - IPR5 is coming up and due 2/15 to NSF. Monday 1/22 email will go out, so work with your area PM. Risk review also underway, see email from Kandace. Planning will begin immediately after reporting. Will write mid-year review panel response document as well.
    • (1/18) John - Bob hopes to get us the document by 1/19; might be good to get that done early to prevent overlap
  • (2/1) Karla - IPR 5 begins today, work with your PM. 100% of risks reviewed. PY8 planning email coming soon.
  • (2/15) Karla - IPR w/John and should be submitted soon. PY8 Planning is next in preparation for the Quarterly presentations
  • (2/15) Lizanne - ACTION meeting with John needed
  • (3/1) Ron - detailed update at the Quarterly. Updated 5% template for Planning slides
  • (3/29) Karla - PY8 Planning Process in motion in preparation for the XAB meeting. Also getting feedback from SPF and UAC

Discussion:

  • Note

Decisions:

  • note

Actions:

  • Maytal requested a Quarterly Leadership Radar identifying major project level activities, new tools/functionality released, etc. - Ron to proposal options to serve the need


3. XRAC Reviewer Manual (David Hart

Previously:

  • (2/20) Email with attachment from Dave H. to SMT mail list: 

As part of RAS efforts to increase recruiting for the XRAC, Ken and I compiled the attached "Reviewer Manual" to provide XRAC members with some common baseline information.

 Most notably, this document includes a Charter for the XRAC and the official XRAC COI policy—These sections have been updated for XSEDE from prior approved versions that I found dating back to TeraGrid. If there are more recent XSEDE-approved versions, we can replace those sections, if someone can send me those docs.

 So, while comments are welcome throughout, I think protocol dictates that the SMT should give formal approval to the Charter and COI policy.

  • (3/1) John - call to vote at next SMT in 2 weeks, so that everyone can review. Would be good if this had a DRAFT watermark. Considerations for alternate list and guidance for what to send will be discussed at the Quarterly
  • (3/1) J Ray - SPF meeting next week and will have review of this on agenda
  • (3/1) Nancy - reference to COI appendix that is off (E vs. F). What about using NSF COI rules?
  • (3/29) Ron - John provided feedback; conversations with Bob as well. Getting feedback from XRAC by next week.

Discussion:

  • Note

Decisions:

Actions:

 

4. XSEDE Staff Code of Conduct (Ron Payne

Previously:

Discussion:

  • Note

Decisions:

Actions:

 

5. Process for Publishing Data Sets (David Hart

Previously:

  • (4/10) Draft process for publishing data sets, emailed for provisional SMT review. Evaluation team and Security team have reviewed and provided feedback. Intent isto work through this once with an actual data set (allocation awards), update the process as wrinkles are found and ironed out, then seek formal SMT approval. For now it's an FYI and a chance for comment and/or to raise red flags as we forge ahead.

Discussion:

  • Note

Decisions:

Actions:



6. XSEDE Science Stories (Kristin Williamson

Previously:

  • Carry over topic from March Quarterly ER sessions

Discussion:

  • Note

Decisions:

Actions:


Status updates

Follow this basic outline:

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) - 
    • XAB face-to-face scheduled for 17 & 18 April in Rosemont (Chicagoland). Main topics will be PY8 Plan review and preparation topics for June NSF Review. Brief discussion also about terms for XAB
  • CEE (Kelly) - 
  • ECSS (Nancy/Sergiu) - 
  • XCI (Dave L/Craig) - 
  • Ops (Greg/Victor) - 
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken) - 
  • Program Office (Ron/Laura) - 
    • The XSEDE Document template, on the wiki has been updated to include a "DRAFT" watermark. Please remember to include a "draft" watermark to all documents that are sent around for review to ensure there is no cofusion, internally or externally, that the content is not final.
    • 15 of 18 PY7 Part 2 Amendments fully executed. Remaining 3 are being worked with the sub-award partners.
    • ER prioritization will be added to SMT agenda, as needed, to strengthen the SMT involvment in ER's marketing and communication activities.
    • Reminder: Record improvements: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19YRAPeAForh5I9Xvhj8nKjROe3-JN7a1caLYbNamPaw
    • Reminder: Enter Publications in XUP
  • SP Forum (J Ray) - 
  • UAC (Emre) - 
  • PM&R (Karla/Scott) - 
  • NSF (Bob) - 

Next Meeting:  April 26, 2018

  • No labels