QMA-252Getting issue details...
- Strategic objective to raise awareness of importance of CI in general to general public.
- Have to be careful not to take credit for things XSEDE didn't do. Working with others in partnership would be good.
- Raise awareness of things we can offer. NSF could save money. (MREC?)
- Moving forward with making XRAS service available to others through fee for service. Other services could also be packaged & offered to community. How do we market these services to the community?
- Where we're falling short on metrics, advertise areas we need to focus on.
- ECSS services–can we market more to make people aware that this is available to them?
- Something in how we advertise now isn't resonating. Don't try to sell it the way we talk about it. More targeted marketing using language they understand (not that we understand)
- L2s should each look at KPIs and work with ER team. What L2s think needs to increase, prioritize, identify target market, determine messaging...
|Case for XSEDE3
QMA-253Getting issue details...
||Strategic marketing campaign–case for XSEDE3? NSF will make that decision & develop solicitation. More of a lobbying effort.|
QMA-254Getting issue details...
||Market impact in tight well-written pieces to the Hill. Map of US so they can see what happened state-by-state or break down by legislative district. Marketing value/impact. Should be a print piece they can carry out.|
|Identify best science stories
QMA-255Getting issue details...
Identify high-impact research cases & have on our radar so we can follow up with those researchers & tell our best story.
- Trello board could be used for this. Vote on stories via cards.
QMA-256Getting issue details...
How we tell stories. What is the impact being done. Important science story & how it was enabled.
Talk about aspects of the program that are important right now.
ESCC encouragement of collaborations among research teams.
|Tracking XSEDE users
QMA-257Getting issue details...
10,000 ft view vs. deeper dive into particular stories
- Reference other projects but take credit for XSEDE's part. Take advantage of our platform.
- Where are they now piece.
- Is anyone tracking people? Champion fellows from years ago, look for people who have been in database awhile. Anecdotal stories. Stories about where students landed.
QMA-258Getting issue details...
||Who can be editorial team? L1/L2s. Set up PR list with these folks who we can send story ideas to.|
|Science stories for IPRs
QMA-259Getting issue details...
Do IPR science highlights stay hard science or evolve into other areas?
- Audience is review panel, program officer, etc.
- Need some science stories, but good to add to the mix. Need a more diverse mix of stories.
- Start with Why for all of them.
|Stories from institutions
QMA-260Getting issue details...
||Having people from institutions talk about the value of XSEDE to their institution. Different stories to tell for different size institutions. Data available about top institutions using XSEDE resources. Impact of XSEDE on institutional planning, resources, etc. These kinds of stories can go to other agencies as well.|
|Impact marketing campaign
QMA-261Getting issue details...
Impact marketing campaign. List started from highlights books. Most significant examples we should focus on?
- The ones that have taken a long time to cultivate likely have most impact (many 5-6 years or longer)
- Integration of pieces of XSEDE. How ECSS works with allocations, CEE, etc. would be useful to show interdependence of the units.
- Stories that talk about XSEDE from point of view of organization studies.
- Joel Curshenfeld (sp?) should be involved in this type of story.
QMA-262Getting issue details...
- No NSF expectations. Need clear ideas of what it will look like.
- Useful to tell NSF we're engaging students to help us do this.
- Show that we started on it (outline, process), but doesn't need to be finished.