Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 4 Current »

Attendees:

Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meetings if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 


2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Leslie Froeschl

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - February 25, 2021
  • (3/25) L3s should be finalizing submission of PY11 planning text to PMs. L2 deadline for final text is next Wednesday 3/31. 
    • Annual report process will start May 1.

Discussion: 

  • Wrapping up PY11 plan today. 
  • XAB: Friday April 16 10am-1pm CT; Slides due by end of day TODAY (with questions for XAB feedback).  Please place them here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/3/folders/1Cm7K7KajAIjJKaoTZcGIfMKloVS3720e.
  • Requested SP Forum volunteers to sign up to review/provide feedback to an L2 of their choosing. Sent reminder today and hope to get at least one reviewer for each L2 area. L2s: please send Leslie a few times you could do a 30-min call with these folks in the next couple weeks. 
  • Annual report process will start May 1. 

Decisions:


3. XSEDE2 Spin-Down Date (John Towns

Previously: 

  • (3/25) Added to agenda
  • If we go a long time without knowing who the successor is, there will come a point that we'll have to start ramping down. Trying to understand if there is a date that we will start shutting things down & won't be able to start back up without reasonable amount of effort or that there wouldn't be enough funded time to bring back. At which point transition becomes unavailable.
  • Survey of all services–some don't have mapping to the new plan. 3 month timeframe has been discussed to notify users that there isn't a direct mapping. 
  • What to do about XDCDB as it holds everything together. Down time for XDCDB will be significant. 
  • Issue shut down command to all servers on 8/31/22 with hope that they can be brought back up. 
  • Need to communicate across the project for PY11 planning and to successor awards so they know what the drop dead date is. 
  • Could be awkward in allocations. Allocations could be made and then nothing to give them. Mitigation plan for this.
  • When to stop offering ECSS: ECSS has discussed this and is working on language re. how they'll explain this. Possibly March 2022. 
  • Potential staff volatility towards end of award. 
  • Should be discussed in the PY11 plan. This is a good topic to get input from XAB on. 

Discussion: 

Decisions: 


4. Approval of revised allocation policies (David Hart  ) 

Previously:

Discussion: 

Decisions:


5. Approval of Stony Brook as L2 SP and Bridges2 as L1 SP (Ron Payne   ) 

Previously:

  • (4/8) Added to agenda
  • Letters sent by email.

Discussion: 

Decisions:


Around the call up

Follow this basic outline:

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) - 
  • Tim

  • SP Forum (Ruth) -  

  • UAC (Emre) -   
    •  
  • NSF (Bob C) - 


Next Meeting:     SMT - April 22, 2021 


  • No labels