|JP Navarro||U Chicago/ XSEDE||X|
|Jason St. John||Purdue||X|
|Francis Dang||Texas A&M||X|
|Jeffrey Frey||University of Delaware||X|
|Vikram Gazula||University of Kentucky||X|
|Anita Schwartz||University of Delaware||X|
|John Huffman||University of Delaware||X|
|Paul Williams||University of Delaware||X|
|Stephen Bird||IU/ XSEDE||X|
- End of reporting period, Interim Project Reports (IPR) are due this week
- XCI Updates:
- Discussion around XSEDE Improves Software Sharing on Allocated Resources. Reference material at: https://software.xsede.org/news/xsede-improves-software-sharing-allocated-resources
- Answers to XSEDE and Globus questions arising from January SP software call
- Open discussion
- NSF solicitations to the follow on for XSEDE are out. Two solicitations as a result of this: One to cover different activities in ACCESS, and another which functions as a coordinating, program office. Links to solicitations are at: https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2021/nsf21555/nsf21555.pdf and https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2021/nsf21556/nsf21556.pdf
- XCI updates:
- RDR documentation updated about community software areas.
- Discussion regarding Common User Environment variables for SPs. Is this something that is widely adopted or continues to make sense as a requirement for current and new SPs?
- Need to check if there are any packages published by RACD that have dependencies on CUE variables.
- Clarifications regarding Globus usage for XSEDE SPs that continued from discussion in previous SP software call.
- XSEDE MyProxy service has a 90day grace period for users after allocations expire, ie users can still get a MyProxy cert 90 days after all their allocations have expired.
- Automatic shut off for users after 90 days after allocations become inactive.
- Open discussion
- Sudoedit patch available for all linux variants. SPs kindly patch your systems against this vulnerability if you haven't done so already.
- GCrypt update available for linux systems as well.