Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:


Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meeting if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 

 

2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Karla Gendler

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - July 20, 2017
  • (7/6) - IPR3 is due August 17th which means that text will be due to Project Managers on August 7th. The recommendation is that L3s should have their text to their PMs on the 2nd. This also means that L2s and L3s will need to be watching their email for questions on August 14th. Expect to see an email from Leslie Morsek the last week of July.
  • (7/6) - A risk review will begin the week of July 17th. Kandace (though JIRA) will be contacting all risk owners to review their risks where they will have to interact JIRA and their risks to mark them as being reviewed. She will be sending out documentation on how to do this with her email. All risk owners have JIRA accounts; they are the same as your Confluence wiki account and you can use your portal credentials to log in.
  • (7/20) Quarterly Risk Review underway. 
  • (8/3) Karla - currently in reporting cycle. Text due to Project Managers. Text in main google doc by 8/8. Due to NSF on 8/18. 100% compliance with Risk review. NSF panel response due to NSF 8/25
  • (8/17) Final stages of report. one outstanding item from XCI before submitting. Report will be submitted today.
  • (9/28) Karla - PY7 Plan and report accepted. Next report during SC. Risk review starts 10/16. Watch for emails and work with your PM to stay updated.
  • (10/12) Next IPR due 11/15; schedule being sent by Leslie M on Mon (10/16)
  • (10/12) Risk review starting on Mon. email coming from Kandace 

Discussion:

  • Karla - IPR 4 email went out due 11/14, see emails from Leslie M. Risk review underway as well, see emails from Kandace

Decisions:


Actions:

  • Maytal requested a Quarterly Leadership Radar identifying major project level activities, new tools/functionality released, etc. - Ron to proposal options to serve the need

 

3. XSEDE2 Mid-Year Review (John Towns)

Discussion:

  • John - Jan 11-12 in Alexandria
  • Observe review as first with Bob Chadduck
  • Assign owner of 3 discussion topic areas ACTION Laura move to wiki
    • Onboarding - Nancy
    • Cybersecurity - Adam; other operational topics - Greg
    • KPIs and Metrics review - Ron introduction and overview of process; driven by evaluation processes - Lizanne
  • One more SMT on 11/9, then Thanksgiving, then Quarterly, then holidays
  • Small group meeting with John (Laura requested from Amber)
  • Present metrics review findings at the December review and then transition during at PY8
  • Dave L - collecting metrics immediately to see if they collect what we want them to

Decisions:


Actions:



4. XSEDE2 Knowledge Base

Discussion:

  • Sergiu - What is the status of the XSEDE Knowledge base, https://portal.xsede.org/knowledge-base ? Is it still being maintained, ensuring that all information therein is up to date and does not contradict the content of information presented by other forms of XSEDE documentation?
  • Maytal - The knowledge base is managed/run by IU. It was part of XSEDE2 that no longer got funded but it was my understanding that IU wanted to continue to maintain the KB even without funding. Our contacts for IU regarding KB have traditionally been Paul Brown padbrown@iu.edu and Chuck Aikman caikman@iu.edu so they are the right people to talk to regarding updating of KB. We just pull the information from the KB we don’t handle the detailed articles. 
  • Laura - Ron manages Project Documents which is a wiki page linked from the About tab on the website. Several project managers are able to load documents into IDEALS as well.
  • Sergiu - ticket system and front-line interaction, users who read knowledge base articles conflicting. Missing references to XStream. Changes in XSEDE documentation and how that gets propogated to knowledgebase articles.
  • John - re-affirmation that Indiana would like to do this. Don't recall this was a problem previously? Is there a process that is now broken? How was it done in the past?
  • Craig - will verify that with IU team. None of that team is seeking updates. Need to change the pipeline. They used to get information by solicitation. ACTION Craig will verify charity work on the condition that they receive information ready for KB. Create a process for contribution to KB
  • John - different than the way we did it before, so need to put process into place. Could be part of SP onboarding process as well. Have to isolate where information has been coming from: SP, XOC monitoring for content, others.
  • Sergiu - delete articles that are no longer pertinent or out-of-date

Decisions:


Actions:



Status updates

Follow this basic outline:

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) - 
    • XAB longer-format meeting went well.
      • Nancy went through onboarding slides and XAB provided good input
      • More clearly deliniating who does what on the onboarding process
      • Offer to provide letter to NSF as an objective opinion on certain topics
      • Karin Remington is the XAB chair and taking a proactive approach 
    • LCCF resources for proposers
      • If you get contacted, please direct to John
  • CEE (Kelly) - 
    • If you got an email from Susan about video, she would like feedback. Please respond quickly
  • ECSS (Nancy/Sergiu) - 
    • Good feedback from XAB about ECSS working proactively with the community
    • Improving the project plan development process
    • JIRA transition
  • XCI (Dave L/Craig) - new KPIs w/Lizanne: making rounds still with L2s and then will circle back to the group
  • Ops (Greg/Victor) - mid-year review prep, IPR, XAB, PY8 thoughts, LCCF
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken) - phased out document for collecting publications
  • Program Office (Ron/Laura) -
  • SP Forum (Dan) - met last week, Nancy shared XAB onboarding process; will have SP forum statement of support
    • John - letter and summary of that at the review would be helpful. Also your experiences as an SP would be helpful to share as well
    • Dan - will be a reviewer leading up to the review and rehearsal, but will be present at the actual review
  • UAC (Emre) - 
    • Topics for next UAC meeting (late November or early December)? Julie Wernert has asked to discuss the next annual user survey, and we are hoping for an XSEDE update by John. Who else?
  • PM&R (Karla/Scott) - reorganizing the wiki a bit. Watch for a quick survey to get feedback.
  • NSF (Bob) - 

 

Next Meeting:  November 9, 2017

  • No labels