Derek Simmel, PSC
Shava Smallen, XSEDE
Lisa Giame, LSU
David Carver, TACC
Stephan Thiell, Stanford
Victor Hazlewood, XSEDE (NICS)
- Just another reminder about support for open source Globus Toolkit will end as of January 2018; The Globus cloud service and Globus Connect are unaffected. See announcement at https://github.com/globus/globus-toolkit/blob/globus_6_branch/support-changes.md
- You may have noticed the change in the XSEDE website (www.xsede.org) and portal (portal.xsede.org) recently. New XSEDE2 website is operational and in production. If you see any issues please notify me or submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org to describe the website problem
RACD team released some documentation for Gateway developers. Link available at software.xsede.org and https://www.xsede.org/web/site/ecosystem/science-gateways/gateways-for-developers
- Software/Services/Engineering Activities
- XCI-139 update to GSI OpenSSH version 7.5p1b-1 is now available for deployment either with using rpms or tarballs. See the deployment document and the installation documentation. This version does fix a vulnerability in OpenSSH so please consider updating to this version if you have not already.
- XCI is working on changing the UREP which is the group of people who get the information on XSEDE's engineering activities for the next year and prioritize them. The make up of the UREP is changing. The number of campus champion reps will increase from 1 to 12 to have more user representation. New voting system for the UREP makes this more automated. XCI will work hard on making the descriptions more detailed to help.
- SP Coordination
- Updates to RDR include fields for Gateway Recommended Use (free format text field), and Gateway Support Attributes (select from list). Please review your RDR entries and update these if you haven’t already
- SP Open Discussion
Lisa of LSU asked about how are SPs implementing gateways and are there any tips or tricks. Victor sent a request to Marlon to see if we could have a discussion about this. this has been scheduled for next SP Software call with Marlon
Dave asked about the openssh addition of open-id and is there any information on that. It was not known by the folks on the call. We will ask/research and attempt to get more info.