Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

Agenda

  • Introduction of Dave Wheeler
  • NSF Review and extension recap
  • Status of discussions about requests to be forgotten (tickets 114709 and 132570)
  • Status of drafting new security policy(ies) regarding creation of XDCDB and other service accounts
  • Discussion of Globus and Globus subscription extension (a good topic for DTS)
  • Mgr Coordination

Discussion items

TimeItemWhoNotes
2 minIntroduction of Dave Wheeler as new L3 mgr for DTSVictor
  • Dave has been at NCSA for quite some time and has been aware of comings and goings of TG and XSEDE. 
  • Greg asked about swapping cell numbers for communication/notification. 
  • Victor mentioned that Dave will own the 2.4.3 ticket bucket and the DTS wiki site. 
  • Tabitha owns the calendar appt for the DTS bi-weekly recurring meeting on Weds. 
 6 min 

NSF Review and extension recap

 Greg
  • Greg gave a recap and mentioned it went well but was different since it was all online via Zoom (has always been in person before).  
  • No Ops questions after Ops presentation.  The overall questions given at the end of the first day only had one that was related to Ops at all. 
  • Not much news from NSF since the review.  The review report is not available yet. 
  • Looks likely that we will have a review at the end of PY10.  The next review may be June next year – TBD. 
2 min

Status of discussions about requests to be forgotten (tickets 114709 and 132570)

Victor
  • Reviewed that Maytal has updated both these tickets.  Send to security to review and make sure there is no other items to “erase” or “disable.”   
6 min

Status of drafting new security policy(ies) regarding creation of XDCDB and other service accounts

Victor
  • Security group owns this and should have additional policy for creating service accounts (like what happened recently with the XDCDB “test” account with “test” password). 
  • Victor mentioned can add a section to the Baseline Security Standard document to describe what is required for usernames and passwords for service accounts for XSEDE enterprise services. 
Action item: security group to come up with the policy text for service accounts
4 min

Discussion of Globus and Globus subscription extension (a good topic for DTS)

Victor
  • Discussed extension (a good topic for DTS)
  • New SPs are coming online and Victor will work with the SPs and DTS should start working on a script for a discussion with the SPs about DTS services (perfsonar, DTNs, XSEDEnet, etc.). 
  • John mentioned the Globus subscription on the last SMT call.
2 min

Mgr Coordination


  • Tabitha mentioned DTS put a BOF together for PEARC20.  
  • What are the ways that DTS can publicize this?   SP Forum, SP Software, and Campus Champions mailing lists should be targets.

Action items

  • security group to come up with the policy text for service accounts (Alex, Derek)
  • DTS work on script for discussing DTS services with SPs (Dave, Tabitha)
  • DTS advertise their BOF at PEARC20