|2 min||Introduction of Dave Wheeler as new L3 mgr for DTS||Victor|
- Dave has been at NCSA for quite some time and has been aware of comings and goings of TG and XSEDE.
- Greg asked about swapping cell numbers for communication/notification.
- Victor mentioned that Dave will own the 2.4.3 ticket bucket and the DTS wiki site.
- Tabitha owns the calendar appt for the DTS bi-weekly recurring meeting on Weds.
| 6 min|| |
NSF Review and extension recap
- Greg gave a recap and mentioned it went well but was different since it was all online via Zoom (has always been in person before).
- No Ops questions after Ops presentation. The overall questions given at the end of the first day only had one that was related to Ops at all.
- Not much news from NSF since the review. The review report is not available yet.
- Looks likely that we will have a review at the end of PY10. The next review may be June next year – TBD.
Status of discussions about requests to be forgotten (tickets 114709 and 132570)
- Reviewed that Maytal has updated both these tickets. Send to security to review and make sure there is no other items to “erase” or “disable.”
Status of drafting new security policy(ies) regarding creation of XDCDB and other service accounts
Action item: security group to come up with the policy text for service accounts
- Security group owns this and should have additional policy for creating service accounts (like what happened recently with the XDCDB “test” account with “test” password).
- Victor mentioned can add a section to the Baseline Security Standard document to describe what is required for usernames and passwords for service accounts for XSEDE enterprise services.
Discussion of Globus and Globus subscription extension (a good topic for DTS)
- Discussed extension (a good topic for DTS)
- New SPs are coming online and Victor will work with the SPs and DTS should start working on a script for a discussion with the SPs about DTS services (perfsonar, DTNs, XSEDEnet, etc.).
- John mentioned the Globus subscription on the last SMT call.
- Tabitha mentioned DTS put a BOF together for PEARC20.
- What are the ways that DTS can publicize this? SP Forum, SP Software, and Campus Champions mailing lists should be targets.