Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:


Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meeting if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 

 

2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Karla Gendler

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - July 20, 2017
  • (7/6) - IPR3 is due August 17th which means that text will be due to Project Managers on August 7th. The recommendation is that L3s should have their text to their PMs on the 2nd. This also means that L2s and L3s will need to be watching their email for questions on August 14th. Expect to see an email from Leslie Morsek the last week of July.
  • (7/6) - A risk review will begin the week of July 17th. Kandace (though JIRA) will be contacting all risk owners to review their risks where they will have to interact JIRA and their risks to mark them as being reviewed. She will be sending out documentation on how to do this with her email. All risk owners have JIRA accounts; they are the same as your Confluence wiki account and you can use your portal credentials to log in.
  • (7/20) Quarterly Risk Review underway. 
  • (8/3) Karla - currently in reporting cycle. Text due to Project Managers. Text in main google doc by 8/8. Due to NSF on 8/18. 100% compliance with Risk review. NSF panel response due to NSF 8/25

Discussion:

  • (8/17) Final stages of report. one outstanding item from XCI before submitting. Report will be submitted today.

Decisions:


Actions:

  • Maytal requested a Quarterly Leadership Radar identifying major project level activities, new tools/functionality released, etc. - Ron to proposal options to serve the need

 

3. Panel Report Responses (Karla Gendler)

Previously:

  • (6/19) Topic added  
  • (6/19) Ron - see 6/21 email; responding to main recommendations, not the L2 recommendations
    • Wed. 28-June: Draft responses due from owners to Google draft doc
    • Thur. 29-June: John reviews responses and provides direction for responses
    • Wed. 5-July: Updated responses due from owners
    • Fri. 7-July: John submits responses
  • (6/19) Ralph - leverages Campus Champions...will run by Nancy as well
    • Using the Campus Champions as a generator of Use Cases; ACTION Craig will send text to Ralph
  • (6/19) Greg - we should respond to weaknesses; ACTION Ron will update document 
  • (6/19) John - NSF report can be shared within the Project, not a public document
  • (7/6) Ron - draft information is together; have a couple outstanding topics needing text
  • No need to provide written response to #17 - Ralph/Nancy/Craig - ECSS: Recommendations (Bullet 6)
  • (7/17) Ron: per John's direction, the project will be preparing a response to all recommendations contained within the Panel report.  Ron will be driving the collection of the responses. 
    • A date for submission to NSF has been requested from John to establish a timeline for the deliverable.
    • Clarification on content: All recommendations? All Weaknesses? Others?
  • (7/31) Leslie M: Responses due in Google Doc by 8/18; Responses due to NSF 8/25.

Discussion:

  • (8/17) Leslie M will be sending a due date reminder to be sent out on Monday. 

Decisions:



4. XSEDE Website Redesign (Maytal Dahan)

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - July 20, 2017
  • (6/21) Maytal - freezing content by the end of this month for SMT review; then will begin flipping content
  • (7/6) Maytal - not quite ready for SMT review; content is taking longer than expected but should be ready by the end of July. SP & CEE content in the works. Expect a summary of the pages as they stand.
  • (7/20) In content gathering mode. Page is setup on Confluence for sign-off of each page.  ACTION: Ron to ask Kristin to respond to David's email concerning website.
  • (8/3) Maytal - getting final sign off. SMT will review before complete sign off.

Discussion:

  • (8/17) Email to SMT for feedback and approval on Fri. 8/11. Request for SMT approval, via email, on 8/24 due to the next two SMT calls cancelled.

Decisions:

 

5. Preparing for "Towards a Leadership-Class Computing Facility - Phase 1" (17-558) (John Towns)

Previously:

  • (7/17) Added to agenda as a result of the discussion during the XSEDE All Staff meeting held at PEARC17
  • (7/17) Solicitation can be found at: https://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?WT.z_pims_id=503148&ods_key=nsf17558
  • (7/20) ACTION: Ron to talk to John about the owner, plan and availability date for the XSEDE collaboration document for this solicitation.
  • (8/3) John - each of the L2s need to create a list of resources/services they would be willing to provide, so that we can include it in a letter of collaboration; list due 8/11. Each offering would have a 1-3 line description. John will send a Google doc.

Discussion:

  • (8/17) John: Need to include how a proposer would gain access the services and any criteria and/or requirements for each item/service/options.
  • (8/17) John: Need CEE input ASAP.
  • (8/17) John: Would like to have something available by the end of next week (8/25) and it should be made available on the website somewhere.

Decisions:

  •  

 

 

Status updates:

Follow this basic outline:

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) - 
    • John asked Dan to assist with getting INCLUDES input from Kelly for write-up to Bob Chadduck
    • Mid-year review 
      • Will include two primary focuses: 1) Responses to Panel Report specifically on Metrics review)  2) Improvements made from Dec. Security incident
      • PY7 2nd 6 months spending approval is gated by mid-year review.  This means mid-year review needs to be as early in January as possible.
      • May be a small number of people attending in person and remainder via video conference.
      • Agenda, logistics, etc. to be discussed with Bob during the August quarterly meeting
      • Lizanne: Metrics review in good position. We will offer and plan to review the results of the metrics review with Bob at the Dec. quarterly
      • John: Request for Adam to be brought in for the security dicussion.  Greg agreed.
  • CEE (Kelly) - Nothing to Report (NTR)
  • ECSS (Nancy/Ralph/Sergiu) - NTR
  • XCI (Dave L/Craig) - NTR
  • Ops (Greg/Victor) 
    • XOC tixket data request for SP&E use raised to Bob Chadduck for direction on if the data needs to be cleaned to remove user information. Bob requested a description of what data is being requested and how is it being used. ACTION: Ron to draft a description based on Nick abd Greg's email conversation and send it out for review.
    • New security standard for enterprise services and received well by providers.
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken) - NTR
  • Program Office (Ron/Laura) -
    • Publications from PEARC17 should be entered into the XSEDE portal
    • Guidance letters are out to all partner institutions. Initial PY7 amendments provide spending approval for 50% of PY7 funds. 
    • Quarterly agenda is filling up quickly. Updated agenda is on the wiki.
    • Additional direction to be sent to SMT for PIF submissions to be reviewed during Aug quarterly.
  • SP Forum (Dan) -  NTR
  • UAC (Emre) - Not on the call
  • PM&R (Karla/Scott) - NTR
  • NSF (Bob) - Not on the call

Record improvements: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19YRAPeAForh5I9Xvhj8nKjROe3-JN7a1caLYbNamPaw

Next Meeting:  September 28, 2017 (due to Quarterly and Strategic Planning session)

  • No labels