Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:


Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meeting if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 

 

2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Karla Gendler

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - July 20, 2017
  • (7/6) - IPR3 is due August 17th which means that text will be due to Project Managers on August 7th. The recommendation is that L3s should have their text to their PMs on the 2nd. This also means that L2s and L3s will need to be watching their email for questions on August 14th. Expect to see an email from Leslie Morsek the last week of July.
  • (7/6) - A risk review will begin the week of July 17th. Kandace (though JIRA) will be contacting all risk owners to review their risks where they will have to interact JIRA and their risks to mark them as being reviewed. She will be sending out documentation on how to do this with her email. All risk owners have JIRA accounts; they are the same as your Confluence wiki account and you can use your portal credentials to log in.
  • (7/20) Quarterly Risk Review underway. 

Discussion:

  • (8/3) Karla - currently in reporting cycle. Text due to Project Managers. Text in main google doc by 8/8. Due to NSF on 8/18. 100% compliance with Risk review. NSF panel response due to NSF 8/25

Decisions:

Actions:

  • Maytal requested a Quarterly Leadership Radar identifying major project level activities, new tools/functionality released, etc. - Ron to proposal options to serve the need

 

3. XSEDE Website Redesign (Maytal Dahan)

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - July 20, 2017
  • (6/21) Maytal - freezing content by the end of this month for SMT review; then will begin flipping content
  • (7/6) Maytal - not quite ready for SMT review; content is taking longer than expected but should be ready by the end of July. SP & CEE content in the works. Expect a summary of the pages as they stand.
  • (7/20) In content gathering mode. Page is setup on Confluence for sign-off of each page.  ACTION: Ron to ask Kristin to respond to David's email concerning website.

Discussion:

  • (8/3) Maytal - getting final sign off. SMT will review before complete sign off.

Decisions:

 

4. Panel Report Responses (Ron Payne)

Previously:

  • (6/19) Topic added  
  • (6/19) Ron - see 6/21 email; responding to main recommendations, not the L2 recommendations
    • Wed. 28-June: Draft responses due from owners to Google draft doc
    • Thur. 29-June: John reviews responses and provides direction for responses
    • Wed. 5-July: Updated responses due from owners
    • Fri. 7-July: John submits responses
  • (6/19) Ralph - leverages Campus Champions...will run by Nancy as well
    • Using the Campus Champions as a generator of Use Cases; ACTION Craig will send text to Ralph
  • (6/19) Greg - we should respond to weaknesses; ACTION Ron will update document 
  • (6/19) John - NSF report can be shared within the Project, not a public document
  • (7/6) Ron - draft information is together; have a couple outstanding topics needing text
  • No need to provide written response to #17 - Ralph/Nancy/Craig - ECSS: Recommendations (Bullet 6)
  • (7/17) Ron: per John's direction, the project will be preparing a response to all recommendations contained within the Panel report.  Ron will be driving the collection of the responses. 
    • A date for submission to NSF has been requested from John to establish a timeline for the deliverable.
    • Clarification on content: All recommendations? All Weaknesses? Others?

Discussion:

  • (8/3)


Decisions:



5. Mid-Year Project Review (John Towns)

Previously:

  • (7/17) Added to agenda. From John's email: We will be asked to participate in a mid-term review in January or February.  The focus of the review would be on elements of the review report and developments subsequent to that.  We have never been asked to do this, so this is a new piece we will need to work into our schedule.
  • (7/20) To be coordinated using the same process/flow as the annual review.  ACTION: Ron to work with John to create timeline & milestones once details of review are worked with Bob.

Discussion:

  • (8/3) John - mid-term review by February and will have further details

Decisions:

  •  

 

6. Preparing for "Towards a Leadership-Class Computing Facility - Phase 1" (17-558) (John Towns)

Previously:

  • (7/17) Added to agenda as a result of the discussion during the XSEDE All Staff meeting held at PEARC17

Discussion:

  • (8/3) John - each of the L2s need to create a list of resources/services they would be willing to provide, so that we can include it in a letter of collaboration; list due 8/11. Each offering would have a 1-3 line description. John will send a Google doc.

Decisions:

  •  


7. XSEDE Wiki Policy Document (Karla Gendler)

Previously:

Discussion:

  • (8/3) Karla - have incorporated feedback. We are ready to ask for SMT approval.
  • (8/3) John - SOW storage or links for L2s and L3s to reference
    • Karla - currently in Google and protected; contains salaries, etc. Consider links but they will be protected. 
  • (8/3) Dave H - emails are everywhere but policy states they will not be public
    • Karla - we will remove during an audit, per Security team
  • (8/3) Ron - voted and approved. ACTION Karla send confirmation email

Decisions:

  •  

Status updates:

Follow this basic outline:

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) - 
    • Ralph is moving positions. Nancy, Kelly, and John working through stepping down of co-director of PSC. Nick Nystrom conversations as well. Mapping next steps.
    • Ralph is currently on vacation and willing to transition
    • XAB call topic request
  • CEE (Kelly) - 
  • ECSS (Nancy/Ralph/Sergiu) - letters of commitment to affiliates and fully on board. IPR. NSF panel response. JIRA syncing. 
  • XCI (Dave L/Craig) - 
  • Ops (Greg/Victor) - risks, reporting, panel response, website. 2-3 weeks ago web and RT outage investigation; personnel changes and notifications for failover mitigation
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken) - getting ready for August XRAC. NCAR earth observing lab potential for XRAS usage to track instruments in aircraft by Spring '18. John affirms.
  • Program Office (Ron/Laura) -
    • Sub-award amendments status
      • Bob pushed our paperwork for the next increment of money and will send an additional increment of funds through the rest of the year
      • It is in everyone's best interest to proceed through the process quickly to be ready
      • Letters out by 8/4
      • PY7 Amendment coordination is in-process to prepare for the pending spending approval from NSF.
    • Reminder to register and make travel arrangements for the 28-30 Aug. Quarterly.  Details at: XSEDE Quarterly Meeting - August 2017
    • ER is asking for information on any SC presentations by members of the XSEDE leadership and staff.
      • Please use ER@xsede.org instead of sending emails directly to ER personnel.
    • Reminder that the next XAB call is 9-Aug. at 10am (CDT).
    • Metrics Review - Phase 1 review occurred in Atlanta on 26 & 27-Jul. An update with next steps will be provided during the August Quarterly.
  • SP Forum (Dan) -  J Ray: SP Forum discussion regarding Globus changes. Putting together an impact study across SPs
  • UAC (Emre) - meeting planned for 9/27 agenda developing, let us know if you have topics
  • PM&R (Karla/Scott) - 
  • NSF (Bob) - 

Record improvements: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19YRAPeAForh5I9Xvhj8nKjROe3-JN7a1caLYbNamPaw

Next Meeting:  August 17, 2017

  • No labels