Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:


Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meeting if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

 

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 

 

2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Karla Gendler

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - November 10, 2016
  • (1/5) Karla 
    • IPR due 2/15 with quarter close on 1/31. Watch for emails soon for due dates for text
    • Planning will begin mid-January; inputs before March quarterly
    • PSC will provide project manager for XCI upon Janet Brown's departure. Will also need a point on UREP. ACTION Karla will send description to Ralph
  • (1/19) Karla - email from Leslie Morsek about IPR2 due 2/17; highlights language to use and timeframes
  • (1/19) Karla - Planning email will come soon as well, will begin after IPR2 writing is done
  • (2/2) Scott - middle of current reporting period, due to NSF 2/17
  • (2/16) Karla - IPR2 is with Leslie Froeschl and will go to John at the end of the day today; John will finalize and submit 2/17
  • (2/16) Karla - Planning process is underway; L3 prioritized activities are due today

Discussion:

  • Karla will be setting up calls w/L2s for Plans
  • John - call w/Rudi: NSF would like summary of what we are discontinuing and what we are doing going forward, what has decreased or increased funding

Decisions:

 

Actions:

  • Maytal requested a Quarterly Leadership Radar identifying major project level activities, new tools/functionality released, etc. - Ron to proposal options to serve the need

 

3. XSEDE Website Redesign (Karla Gendler)

Previously:

  • (1/5) Maytal - Wire frames in place, need decisions from Ron and John and to understand the role of External Relations and their branding study. Initial focus is to work on the website and then move to the user portal with improved navigation, look and feel. Can do a presentation at March or June quarterly. Usability study conducted on the current website in addition to interviews; can share final report from Craig Jansen at TACC. Would be good to do another usability study 3-6 months after the new website. Craig Jansen at TACC.
  • The new architecture and the wireframes can continue to be improved upon but we need an initial design and site map to be approved to not delay the re-design process further. Nothing with a web site is set in stone but we would like to have something approved for the initial release planned at the end of this program year. On the wiki page I link to below there are two documents:

    1.       The presentation I plan to give tomorrow. I’ll make sure to keep it short but thorough enough to answer any questions.

    2.       The Usability study that I talked about at the last SMT meeting if anyone is interested in looking at the final report.

    These are both located on the XSEDE web site redesign is located on the following WIKI page: https://confluence.xsede.org/display/XT/XSEDE+Web+Site+Redesign

  • (2/16) Maytal - site maps are fluid and will change and evolve. Proposing another usability study after the website is out.

Discussion:

  • Maytal - finalizing layout. Mapping old to new content–will need a lead for each area

Decisions:

 

Actions:



4. SP Forum and XSEDE Federation (Dan) - Moved to "Status Updates" section of the call



5. Climate Survey Changes (Lizanne DeStefano / Julie Wernert)

Previously:

  • (3/9) Topic added as a result of the March Quarterly meeting
  • (3/14) Summary of changes sent to SMT mail list for review

Discussion:

  • No additional feedback, Evaluation team will proceed

Decisions:


Actions:


6. Staff Publications Plans (John Towns)

Previously:

  • (3/9) Topic added as a result of the March Quarterly meeting
  • (3/9) March Quarterly brainstorming results are on quarterly meeting wiki

Discussion:

  • Brainstorm session of papers that should be planned for and written
  • Should also generate a publication list for XSEDE, linked to Tech Report Series
  • Victor might be interested in leading this effort; co-lead interest?
  • Policies for publications, etc. will also need to be dealt with. PEARC will also run into this issue; perhaps PEARC could make a statement about publications and proceedings
  • Dave - ACM is publishing proceedings, will have to see how NSF policies match up. $3k per paper for open access. Conference series could look at open access options
  • John - adding this to Steering Committee list

Decisions:


Actions:



7. NSF Videos (Kristin Williamson)

Previously:

  • (3/9) Topic added as a result of the March Quarterly meeting. Kristin putting together a plan for use of videos 

Discussion:

  • Kristin will be reaching out to Rich, John, and Kelly next week to start stories

Decisions:


Actions:



8. Needs of Level 2 SP SGCI (Victor Hazlewood)

Previously:

  • (3/16) Added to agenda.  Victor's note: SGCI has a different request as an SP to collaborate with XSEDE.  The request is to have SGCI information posted on the XSEDE website/portal, which I think is an excellent idea.  I wanted to run this by XSEDE Leadership to make them aware and get the ok before I connect Nancy and the XSEDE User Interfaces group to implement the SGCI request. 

Discussion:

  • Nancy has an interest in putting Science Gateways information on XSEDE website; coordinating with Maytal. XAB, UAC, and others should be represented on website

Decisions:


Actions:


Status updates:

Follow this basic outline:

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) 
    • NSF RFI due 4/5 for future needs of CI have written content already
    • Would like SMT to contribute; John is starting in a Google Doc and will share
    • Nancy - ECSS submitting as well
    • Ralph - could have areas each write their own
    • Dave - also working on one of these for NCAR, bulk is 3 1200-word answers
    • Emre - could bring up at next meeting
    • Dan - also brought up and encouraged each SP submit
  • CEE (Kelly) 
  • ECSS (Nancy/Ralph/Sergiu)
    • Nancy - PY7 planning and reporting, face-to-face at PEARC17, Data Analytics work information to JP, metrics, JIRA updates
    • Ralph - discussion about PEARC conference
    • John - can use XSEDE travel funds if they have it
    • Dave - or other grants' travel funds
  • XCI (Dave L/Craig)
  • Ops (Greg/Victor)
    • Victor - PIF cloud pilot, DUO 13-month license ordered for $64k for 2,000 (less than proposed). Security audit on SSO: update the XSEDE Enterprises Services document with additions, including cloud-based. XOC ticket-response target considerations. Adding XSEDEnet in participant box.
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken) 
    • PEARC17 CFP submissions closed Monday and looks great
    • XRAC outcomes
  • Program Office (Ron/Laura)
  • SP Forum (Dan) 
    • Spreadsheet ready for Karla with volunteers to listen into the L2s and L3s planning calls
    • Victor - XSEDE Federation list review
  • UAC (Emre)
    •  Next meeting 3/20
  • PM&R (Karla/Scott)  
  • NSF (Rudi)

Record improvements: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19YRAPeAForh5I9Xvhj8nKjROe3-JN7a1caLYbNamPaw/edit#gid=0

Next Meeting:  March 30, 2017

  • No labels