Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:

Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meetings if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 

 

2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Leslie Froeschl

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - May 9, 2019
  • (5/23) Annual Report was submitted on time last Friday. We continue to improve with this process. Testament to the entire team. This is the most significant document we produce every year. 
    • 100% compliance on the risk review again. 
  • (6/20) Email with due dates for August report will be coming out in mid-July. Please try to get your information to your PMs on time!

Discussion:

  • See email from Noni Ledford (new PM) for reporting due dates: All text due to your PM by Aug. 8. 

Decisions:

 

3. Licensing for XSEDE software (David Hart

Previously:

  • (6/20) Added to agenda.  
  • (6/20) Email from Dave H: 

    I checked the current XSEDE github repo (github.com/xsede) and XCI has been applying the MIT license (which appears to be a reasonable choice per Dan, Svetlana and others), but with copyright assigned to XSEDE (which I believe isn't appropriate).

    The last email from Svetlana follows.

    I think we need to codify XSEDE's licensing approach and apply it consistently. This would be good to have decided before we start implementing a future "transition plan".

Discussion:

  • Tabling this topic until the next call. 

Decisions:


Around the call updates

Follow this basic outline:

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) -  No update
  • CEE (Kelly) -   
    •  No update
  • ECSS (Bob S/Phil) -  
    • Panel went through Campus Champions fellows applicants.  Selected 4 Fellows. Hope to have all letters out to the new Fellows next week and press release during PEARC.
      • 1 will be in workforce development (CEE) and 1 with XCI. 2 will be with ECSS. 
      • Holly is working on determining if funding could be available for a 5th Fellow. 
    • Social event for ECSS staff at PEARC on Tuesday evening. 
  • XCI (Dave L/Craig) -
    • Impressive number of campus cluster requests 
    • JP & Shava working on software repository
    • Status of PIF on open stack/cloud? 
      • Will discuss prioritization on L1/2 call Monday
  • Ops (Greg/Victor) -  
    • Order for Duo license for remainder of XSEDE 2 has been put in.
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken) -
    • PSC now has XRAS instance. Demo to National Academy of Sciences next Wednesday. 
    • RAS team will have a gathering at PEARC
  • Program Office (Ron/Leslie) - 
    • XAB selection will be completed today. Updated XAB Overview presentations will be needed early-August to allow presentation to new XAB members prior to 21-Aug. XAB meeting. Leslie will be coordinating the XAB Overview prep and presentation. 
    • Need slides for All-Staff meeting at PEARC. Identify new team members in the last year, recognition of team members. Watch for email on this.
    • John submitted panel response today.
    • Reminder: Enter Publications in XUP and documents in IDEALS
      • Multiple references to best practices & lessons learned in PY9 planning. Tech Report Series is a good place to publish these kinds of documents.
    • Reminder: Reference collaborations in tracking worksheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19YRAPeAForh5I9Xvhj8nKjROe3-JN7a1caLYbNamPaw/
    • Reminder: Address recommendations (Jira) 
    • PIF window never closes and funds can be accepted anytime
      • Plan to discuss status of pending PIFs/prioritization on L1/2 call Monday 7/22. Have about $5k available. 
  • SP Forum (Ruth) - 
    • Interesting presentations on NIP (Sergiu), Frontera GPU situation (Dan S), ticket handling standards (Victor)
    • Some interest in meeting at PEARC
    • SP level tier of Frontera? Ruth will ask about this.
  • UAC (Emre) - 
    • Meeting next Tuesday. John will provide panel review update.
  • NSF (Bob C) - 

Next Meeting: 

  • SMT - August 15, 2019 (Note: No SMT call on August 1 during PEARC) 

  


  • No labels