In order to login, submit remote jobs, and access data movement servers on XSEDE HPC, HTC, Viz, and Storage resources users must be part of an XSEDE allocated project. This page documents how RACD staff and collaborators involved in developing, testing, and supporting XSEDE software and software based services can request and be added to the XSEDE 1.1.6 Software Development and Integration (TG-STA110005S) allocation.
Requesting Allocation Access
The following steps explain how to request allocation access.
Step 1: XSEDE User Portal Account
Before requesting access to the RACD allocation a user must already have an XSEDE User Portal account. If you do not have an XSEDE User Portal account visit the portal https://www.xsede.org/ and click on "Create Account" under the "SIGN IN" button. Once you have an account and can login, proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Request Allocation Access
Send an e-mail to mailto:email@example.com?subject=Access to the RACD Allocation (TG-STA110005S) with the following information:
- Your XSEDE User Portal account name
- Which software component your are developing and/or supporting
- If you need to submit batch jobs, approximately how many compute hours you will need on which XSEDE resources. Compute hours are allocated and limited resource which RACD management need to manage so that we don't run out.
Once you submit your request and RACD management receives it, it will take 2 business days to process and take affect.
Granting Allocation Access
The following steps explain how the TG-STA110005S PI, co-PI, and allocation manager can grant access to the allocation.
Step 1: Grant Access
- Go to the https://www.xsede.org/group/xup/add-remove-user page to add allocation users (requires portal login).
- Select project "TG-STA110005S" and click "Next"
- Enter the new user's PORTAL USERNAME and click "Search" (if the username doesn't exist, report it back to the requester and you can't continue)
- Select "No" next to "Is this person a Co-PI?"
- Select "TeraGrid" next to "Select XSEDE Resources"
- Click the "Add User" button.
- Click the "Submit Users" button.
- Review the page and click "SUBMIT FOR APPROVAL"
Step 2: Notify the User
Reply-all to the ticket e-mail indicating that the request has been submitted, and that it will take two business days to process.