Agenda, Discussion, and Action Items
Discuss how we will engage others in XSEDE to evolve existing interactive login capabilities.
- SP login nodes with GSI OpenSSH server and Globus client (from Globus)
- SSO hub with OpenSSH using Kerberos and xsede-user-tfa PAM modules (from XSEDE) and Globus GSI OpenSSH client (from Globus)
- Any command line client running any SSH client accessing the SSO hub
- SP login nodes with GSI OpenSSH server and Globus client (from the Grid Community Toolkit)
- Q: Who would be providing the support for this software (GSI* from GCT)?
- Any command line client running any SSH client with the Globus SDK (a.k.a. Globus Auth OpenSSH)
- Any command line client running any SSH client with web based login service (a.k.a. Lee's pilot)
- Jupyter based browser login client
- Lee thinks Jupyter isn't a login client. (It doesn't provide a terminal interface on the compute system.) True or false?
- If the above is true, is the idea that users will no longer need terminal interfaces on XSEDE systems? That seems unlikely given the current systems.
- Open OnDemand
Next steps / actions
- Meeting with which people
- With what purpose