Notes/ Discussion items:
Governance slides will be similar to last year. John is pulling these together.
KPI driven decisions
- Only one year of data with new KPIs. Not sure that is enough time to demonstrate how we use them for decision making. No good way to connect dots between old & new metrics.
- Lots of examples in reports that show that we watched the target & took action based on performance, but that isn't quantitative
- Convert stoplight chart to numeric value system, convert actual values (at, above, below target) to numeric, show relationship between stoplight going yellow/red and then increase results
- Eval team has lessons learned section in their presentation.
- Using KPIs to drive decisions within the project.
- Having a consistently green stoplight isn't necessarily good–we make incremental changes to higher targets in order to continually improve.
- Not all KPIs are meant for decision making. Some are indicators of whether you're moving towards goals, but don't tell how to do this. Some are useful for decision making, but not all are.
- Have reporting system PLUS external evaluation team to understand how we're doing .
- Concern by some L3s that KPIs are always being increased to be harder and harder to reach. Goal isn't the drive to perfection, but if there is something we can improve in let's continue to push ourselves.
- Criteria for targets includes are they realistic. Should always consider that.