Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...



Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

...

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 

 

2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Scott Wells

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - September 27, 2018
  • (9/27) John confirming dates for the remainder of the year.
  • (9/27) Risk Review in two weeks.
  • (9/28) Proposed XSEDE2 reporting schedule reviewed by John and sent to the SMT for review and approval.
  • (10/11) Provide more time for completion & avoid conflicts. 
    • Will require an update to PEP. 
    • John has informed Bob that this is coming. 
    • IPR7 work will occur during SC18, but most of the difficulty will fall to John
  • (10/11) Decision to move forward with the proposed new schedule. 
  • (10/25) IPR7 commences on Nov. 1. Changes to this IPR from previous ones include:
    • L2 sections should provide updates on any management changes (L2 director, L3 manager, PM change).
    • L2 section highlights that you want moved up to project level highlight, please highlight this in the template.  Ron will then pull from that for the project level highlights. High impact things. 
  • (11/8) Positive feedback from PMs re. reporting process thus far. Deeper dive into submitted content next week.  Please continue to be responsive to PMs as they try to resolve any issues/questions
  • (12/20) IPRI commences on Feb. 1. 
    • Annual report will be due May 15.
    • NSF review: dry run Monday, June 10. Review June 11-13. 
  • (1/17) Reporting period is coming up in 2 weeks. Risk review notifications will come out next week.
  • (1/31) IPR8 reporting process begins tomorrow. 
    • PY9 Planning begins Feb. 11. 
  • (2/14) IPR8 Copyedits were completed yesterday. John has started his review. 
    • PY9 planning is underway. Plans are due today. Budget info will be added tomorrow.  

Discussion:

  • All text due to PMs on 3/28. L2s and L3s should be finalizing information to submit for that. 

Decisions:

 

3. ORCID Integration Roll-Out (David Hart)

Previously:

  • (3/11) Added to agenda.

Discussion:

  • Putting pieces in place to start doing this. 
  • Dave to follow up with Hannah & Maytal re. publicizing ORCID IDs. 
  • What do we want to post? 
    • Research awards
    • Could add allocation type as prefix to project. This is up to us
    • Check of a box to decide what types of allocation requests you want to post. 
    • Not set up to distinguish, so they would look equivalent. 
    • Distinguishing between education & research could be good down the road, as some may get credit for both.
    • Something in type of grant that distinguishes possibly. 
    • Simple enough to distinguish by pre-pending to title Research or Education Allocation. Doesn't require anything on ORCID side–just different name.
    • From perspective of those getting the allocation, could be helpful in terms of what they get credit for and showing that they're making impact.
    • People can look at your profile and may not be able to tell difference between the 2. 
    • UAC might have an opinion on this. 
    • Should we include dollar value? 
      • Metadata doesn't have this. 
    • Worth posting startups & education awards. From professional staff dev perspective, can point to this as a record of their accomplishments. 
    • All or nothing if user gives permission–all startups, all education awards will be posted. People can't select to post this one or that one. 
      • Another good thing to get feedback from UAC on. 
    • Shouldn't post staff, campus champion allocations.  
  • Working with SPs to be sure they're set up properly
  • Should be set up in June. 
  • Getting a new identifier can take a couple months. 
  • Hannah will push out that users can link their IDs. 

Decisions:

  • Get UAC input. (Dave will follow up with Emre about getting this on the next UAC agenda)
  • Start posting startups, education & research awards.

 

4. April XAB Face-to-Face Meeting (Ron Payne)

Previously:

  • (3/11) Added to agenda.
    • Tue. 16-April Dinner & Wed. 17-April all day meeting
    • Main focus is L2 presentation of PY9 high-level plans

Discussion:

  • Any important questions we might want to put in front of XAB? If you think of anything, send to John. 
  • Use slide deck from quarterly meeting as basis. Then will use those for June review as well. 
  • There will be a Zoom link for people to participate remotely. 

Decisions:


5. New UAC member (Emre BrookesSergiu Sanielevici)

Previously:

  • (3/11) Added to agenda.
  • Emre emailed information to leadership team. 

Discussion:

  • Dhruva Chakravorty, Ph.D.,  Associate Director for User Services and Research, High Performance Research Computing, Texas A&M University has expressed interested in joining the UAC. He has been an XRAC reviewer and is a Campus Champion for Texas A&M.

    • Why mid-stream? He was at XRAC where Emre presented and expressed interest.
    • Need to start seeding committee more to get more people involved. 
    • Time for change-over so we have a fresh group for last 2 years. 

Decisions:

  • Agreement to approve inviting Dhruva Chakravorty to the UAC. 
  • Meeting coming up in April 

Around the call updates

Follow this basic outline:

...

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) -  
    • Didn't have a call with Bob this week
    • Trying to work through where we are in terms of spend/budget. Discussed this with L2s last week. 
      • Need to do some cleanup with each of the sites. 
      • Encourage people to submit PIFs. Plenty of opportunity. Can ask for multi-year requests. 
  • CEE (Kelly) -   
  • ECSS (Bob S/Phil) -  
    • Had first ECSS-all meeting since Phli & Bob started as leaders. 
      • Cut back ECSS projects by 10% & dedicate that time to training. About 1/2 of ECSS team was on call. 
        • 80% of the staff indicated they would take advantage of online training. 
        • 50% interested in standalone training
        • 2/3 interested in tacking on training to a conference they're already attending. 
        • L3 managers can give permission for time off for training. Subaward PIs responsible for funding the training. Will submit PIF request to assist with training/travel expenses.
      • Plan to get quarterly ECSS-all meetings going again. 
      • Are there training opportunities in domains that are appropriate? All for broadening skill sets. 
        • Probably done more online
      • Follow-up on focus group from PEARC18. 
      • Follow-up with management 
  • XCI (Dave L/Craig) -
    • Put out press release about Aristotle & got a response from Tufts Univ already. 
  • Ops (Greg/Victor) -  
    • AWS/cloud contract in the works at Illinois. Will see what actual costs will be.
    • Duo: reaching out to them re. potential for license costs for last years of XSEDE.
    • Multi-factor authentication discussions continue. 
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken) -
    • Presented ORCID demo to SPF & working with SPs to get their info up to date. 
    • Setting up PSC as XRAS client user.
    • Accounting system plans will be discussed at upcoming SPF meeting. 
  • Program Office (Ron/Leslie) - 
  • SP Forum (Ruth) - 
    • Several new people to the SPF. Talked about software, L1 SPs rotate presenting about what they're up to, ORCID. 
    • May provide more orientation materials about XSEDE & how the resources could be better leveraged by their campuses.
    • Ruth welcomes any agenda topics anyone might have.  
    • SPF input for XSEDE follow-on
      • Shawn is working to pull this together. Ruth will follow up with him. 
  • UAC (Emre) - 
    • Next meeting will be in April.
  • NSF (Bob C) - 

Next Meeting: 

...