Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...



Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

...

2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Scott Wells

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - September 27, 2018
  • (9/27) John confirming dates for the remainder of the year.
  • (9/27) Risk Review in two weeks.
  • (9/28) Proposed XSEDE2 reporting schedule reviewed by John and sent to the SMT for review and approval.
  • (10/11) Provide more time for completion & avoid conflicts. 
    • Will require an update to PEP. 
    • John has informed Bob that this is coming. 
    • IPR7 work will occur during SC18, but most of the difficulty will fall to John
  • (10/11) Decision to move forward with the proposed new schedule. 
  • (10/25) IPR7 commences on Nov. 1. Changes to this IPR from previous ones include:
    • L2 sections should provide updates on any management changes (L2 director, L3 manager, PM change).
    • L2 section highlights that you want moved up to project level highlight, please highlight this in the template.  Ron will then pull from that for the project level highlights. High impact things. 
  • (11/8) Positive feedback from PMs re. reporting process thus far. Deeper dive into submitted content next week.  Please continue to be responsive to PMs as they try to resolve any issues/questions

Discussion:

  • Will start on IPR8 Feb. 1. 
  • Any information/resolution on moving Annual Report date? 
      .  
      • Due date will not move. 
      • John left as option to move review to end of first week of June, but Bob scheduled the review for June 11-13
      • Bob felt 3-4 additional business days would not make a difference.   
      • XRAC June 2-3; remote quarterly June 5-6 will include dry run of slides. Additional dry run Monday June 10 at noon prior to review. 
      • No agenda for review yet but suspect it will be similar to last year. Will likely get more info from Bob on that early in the new year. 
      • Last year John stayed for debrief with panelists on Thursday. Allows us to start thinking about responses.  Others should plan to stay through Thursday morning in case of last minute homework needed on Wednesday night. 

    Decisions:

 

3. Status of new XSEDE Collaboration Webpage (John Towns

Previously:

Discussion:

  • .  John reviewed this morning and text has been sent to Maytal to post. Further updating will likely need to be done eventually but this will at least get the basic info out there for people submitting proposals.   

Decisions:

 

 

Follow this basic outline:

...

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) - No meeting with Bob this week. No update. 
  • CEE (Kelly) -  
    • Jennifer: Getting ready to make notification of next round of empower students. More success getting applicants this time (3x more) thanks to ER & BP teams. Thankful for their efforts. 
  • ECSS (Bob S/Phil) - 
    • Want to improve tracking staffing for ECSS. 70 people charging to ECSS spread across 10 partner sites. Sonia is taking lead. Will have point of contact at each site (subaward PI or designee) to be in touch monthly to get accurate staffing count & levels being charged. 
    • Lars Koesterke at TACC replacing John Cazes as L3 for community codes. John will continue part time in role in Q3 to help Lars with transition
    • Discussion of Campus champions survey during quarterly: Question about discrimination had a lower score than would've liked (~3.5).  Dana B looked at survey and found error in how the data was compiled.  Actual score was closer to 4.6.  Relieved to hear this.  
    • PY8 goal to incorporate staff training. Has been a challenge.  Have gathered good resources & have a plan to nail this down in January. Need to plan how we'll measure & report this and how this impacts ECSS folks. Any suggestions/ideas on this are welcome. 
  • XCI (Dave L/Craig) - 
    • No update
  • Ops (Greg/Victor) -
    • Continue to work on transition plan, cloud. 
    • Have a new co-L3 for security: Alex Withers (NCSA). 
    • Team has ensured there will be appropriate coverage for security in case of any incident over the break.  
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken) -  
    • Notifications for Dec allocations have gone out
    • Development: looking at having ORCiD integration completed in January. Allow users to add ORCiD IDs to profiles
  • Program Office (Ron/Leslie) - 
  • SP Forum (Shawn/Jonathon) -
    • Election in January: almost have a slate of candidates (should have a person for each slot)
    • Will have a new chair
    • Vetted the document for making an L1 defined as anyone who allocates a resource: no objections. Will bring back to SMT for response as it relates to XSEDE business. 
      • Did not bring up issue of merging 2 into 1.
    • XSEDE input to NSF re. follow-on: will put out a document to the SPs and get their input and return that info to Bob Chadduck. 
      • SPs have unique stake in this. 
  • UAC (Emre) - 
    • Meeting coming in early January. Julie will present on XUS data instrument & JP on research software portal.
  • PM&R (Scott) - 
    • No update
  • NSF (Bob C) - 

Next Meeting: 

  • SMT - January 3, 2019 17, 2019 (No meeting January 3)