Some partner organizations within the XSEDE Federation fall within the Service Provider designation. Multiple types of Service Providers are defined in the XD Service Providers Forum: Charter, Membership, and Governance document available on the XSEDE Project Documents page in order to encourage participation in the Federation and to balance the need for clear expectations of service levels with the desire to be flexible. The overarching goal of the XF with respect to service providers is to encourage service providers to bring new and innovative services to XSEDE while not being overly burdensome with respect to process and requirements. Clearly defined service levels and an operational framework for partnering relationships encourage broader participation, expand the services available to the community, and form the underpinnings of a pervasive national cyberinfrastructure ecosystem.
Agendas & Minutes
November 1, 2018 @ 1PM PDT
- No XSEDE updates update (John Towns not available)
- Operations/SP Coordination update (Victor)
- Featured speaker: Dan Stanzione from the Texas Advance Computing Center (TACC) will give a presentation on the Frontera Leadership Class Computing Facility.
- Dana Brunson from the University of Oklahoma will give an update on the Campus Champions program
- Reminder: SP Forum meeting for Nov 14 is cancelled due to SC'18 .
- Program and operations updates as people are available.