Some partner organizations within the XSEDE Federation fall within the Service Provider designation. Multiple types of Service Providers are defined in the XD Service Providers Forum: Charter, Membership, and Governance document available on the XSEDE Project Documents page in order to encourage participation in the Federation and to balance the need for clear expectations of service levels with the desire to be flexible. The overarching goal of the XF with respect to service providers is to encourage service providers to bring new and innovative services to XSEDE while not being overly burdensome with respect to process and requirements. Clearly defined service levels and an operational framework for partnering relationships encourage broader participation, expand the services available to the community, and form the underpinnings of a pervasive national cyberinfrastructure ecosystem.
Agendas & Minutes
Next meeting: October
31, 2018 @ 1PM PDT
- XSEDE updates (John Towns, no new updates)
- Featured speaker: Glenn Lockwood from NERSC's Advanced Technology Group will give a presentation Planning for the Future of Data, Storage, and I/O at NERSC
- Operations/SP Coordination update (Victor)
- Update on revisions to Requesting Membership in the XSEDE Federation to accommodate changes to the L1 definition and associated requirements for integration.
- Slurm bug and interest in helping get it resolved (Jonathon)
- Reminder for folks to add their SC'18 activities to this shared doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15VbE3BAAsA8EN5gtw9T4jw2QegNXS09HLFjdF8bJqbk/edit#gid=0 The XSEDE Communications team is interested in this as wellFeatured speaker: Dan Stanzione from the Texas Advance Computing Center (TACC) will give a presentation on the Frontera Leadership Class Computing Facility.
- Reminder: SP Forum meeting for Nov 14 is cancelled due to SC'18 .
- Program and operations updates as people are available.