- PI (John/Ron) -
- CEE (Kelly) -
- Update on Workforce Development provided by Jennifer Houchins via email:
- Kate Cahill has announced the new round of the online course for Applications of Parallel Computing and within just a few days had already gained commitments from three partner institutions as well as expressed interest from several faculty members.
- Aaron Weeden has worked with other CEE staff to ramp up recruitment efforts for the EMPOWER program. For some reason there seems to be a smaller number of applicants for fall positions and there is a lack of diversity in the fall applicants as well. We have 7 EMPOWER students for this fall and 4 of those are continuing their summer work with their mentors. Seeing these students continue in their EMPOWER work is great but we would like to increase the number of applicants. We wondering if the greater number of spring and summer applications is a result of recruitment efforts at conferences typically held in the fall (such as Tapia, SACNAS, and SC) as well as students hearing about the program from potential faculty mentors once the academic is back in session.
- Susan Mehringer and the training team are collaborating with Linda Akli and others to creating information for all XSEDE trainings regarding the code of conduct. They also continue to push to create more training roadmaps. Additionally, there is new effort in collaboration with UII to create an updated XSEDE course catalog page that will be more user friendly and more searchable.
- ECSS (Bob S/Phil) -
- XCI (Dave L/Craig) -
- Ops (Greg/Victor) -
- RAS (Dave H/Ken) -
- Program Office (Ron/Leslie) -
- Sub-award amendment process for PY8 funding is underway. Sub-award amendment status can be found on the BusOps wiki: WBS 2.6.4 Business Operations
- Reminder: Close recommendations
- Reminder: Record improvements: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19YRAPeAForh5I9Xvhj8nKjROe3-JN7a1caLYbNamPaw
- Reminder: Enter Publications in XUP and documents in IDEALS
- Reminder: Reference collaborations in tracking worksheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19YRAPeAForh5I9Xvhj8nKjROe3-JN7a1caLYbNamPaw/
- PIF window never closes and funds can be accepted anytime
- L2s asked to encourage their teams to submit ideas