- Horizon web app Auth integration
- Globus endpoints to POSIX or OpenStack Ceph storage; perhaps with High-Assurance
- User storage mountable from VMs
- VM image storage
- IPF published system utilization, running VMs
- Discoverable APIs in the Research Software Portal
- Changes to RDR?
- Heterogeneous hardware
- Regional clouds
- Atmosphere (CACAO) XSEDE Web SSO?
- Publishing and discovery?
- Cloud images?
- Atmosphere and other user interfaces?
- Refresh XCRI toolkits, recipes, and tutorials
What Jetstream 1 non-integrations should be considered for integration?
What Jetstream 2 totally new capabilities should we consider for integration?
- Application specific credentials similar to commercial clouds
- Horizon web dashboard
- HashiCorp's Terraform
Proposed Path Forward
Items to prioritize before Jetstream 2 goes production
Items deferred for later
For leads and members of their teams:
- who: what
- 4 different types of hardware each of which is a homogeneous resource
- a compute + storage resource resource pair; two other unique compute resources
- VMs will read-only mount a file-system of shared software
- Two shared software binary platforms
- Much smaller set of VM images
- Identity and access management
- The user identity catalog will only have the XSEDE username & their e-mail
- Will use XSEDE project codes directly
- Keystone based application credentials
- OpenStatck CLIs
- Web heavy user interfaces
- All OAuth based using XSEDE web SSO
- Horizon, Exosphere, and CACAO (rewrite of Atmosphere)
- No data transfer nodes for the system
- All storage in the VMs
- Manilla available for project space
- IU and Globus team discussing the GCS S3 storage adapter
- Ceph cluster will be more exposed than in Jetstream 1
- Manila to create shares and mount using CephFS
- Globus Plus license for users
- Users can provision their own endpoints in VMs
- Internal Kubernetes pushbutton service, nothing XSEDE specific
Complete by production:
- IU team will register 4 hardware resources in RDR, and let Tabitha and JP know if new fields would be useful
- IU team will install IPF to publish shared software LMOD modules
- RACD with IU help will register Jetstream 2/OpenStack APIs in XSEDE's API registry
- XCRI will provide scripts and documentation to easily provision GCS endpoints in VMs
- RACD to convert Jetstream 1 cloud image publishing to Jetstream 2
- RACD and IU to discuss and implement cloud utilization publishing, which may be easy to collect but more complicated to present in the XUP
Low priority that might be addressed later:
- Whether to register regional clouds in RDR (Jeremy, Tabitha, JP)
- Making TeraForm recipes discoverable in Information Services