|Intro to HPC (Presentation to Class)|
|XSEDE New User Training (Webinar)||University of Central Florida||Alameda, Akli, Mehringer|
National Summit for Educational Equity
|IEEE RESPECT Conference||Virtual||Akli, Cahill, Gomez|
|07/17 - 07/19/2021||HPC in the City Hackathon||Virtual||Holly, Powell|
|07/18 - 07/22/2021||PEARC21||Virtual||Cahill, Weeden|
|11/14 - 11/19/2021||SC21 - Computing4Change, HPC in the City Hackathon||St. Louis, MO||Akli, Fratkin, Gomez, Hunter, Powell|
Campus Visits PY10 - To be scheduled when Travel Restrictions are Lifted in 2021
- California State University, San Bernardino - lead Rosie Gomez
- October 4, 2019 - introduction to student research faculty & others. Linda Akli, Jay Alameda, Kate Cahill, Rosie Gomez, Je'aime Powell
- February 21, 2020 - workshop planning meeting; faculty survey is underway that will inform the workshop planning
- California State University, Los Angeles - lead Rosie Gomez
- October 5, 2019 - prepare for Spring 2020 Student Training, Linda Akli, Jay Alameda, Kate Cahill, Rosie Gomez, Je'aime Powell
- November 2019 - in-person trainer meeting held at SC to make introductions and provide background
- Schedule developed and listed above
- Session content under development via teleconferences
- Monthly planning calls with CSULA representatives
- Atlanta University Center Consortium Data Science Initiative - lead Linda Akli
- Faculty survey administered
- Agenda development coordinated with faculty committee
- Introductory training to be delivered in January (noted on schedule above)
- In-person faculty committee meeting held after January training workshop to develop better understanding of intermediate and advanced training and support needs
- Albany State University, Albany, GA, February 25 - 26, 2020, planning meetings for curriculum initiative
- Jan 24, 2017, University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez, Leadership Meeting & Technical Consulting (Akli, Alameda, & Cahill)
- Kate & Linda met with Senior Leadership to discuss curriculum and the potential for a consortium approach to address issues. XSEDE-Akli_Cahill_01_2017_UPRM.pdf
- Jay Alameda met with researchers and provided consulting support:
- Dr. Guillermo Araya , Computational Fluid Dynamics: Previous user with an allocation request submitted to the March XRAC. Has access to blue waters for teaching a course and Interested in attending PEARC17.
- Dr. Dorothy Bollman, Mathematics: Current user with installation and environment issues self-installing Pycud in home directory, Jay submitting a ticket to request that Pycuda be installed initially on stampede and subsequently on all GPU systems.
- Dr. Edgar Acuna, Mathematics: Edgar is a previous user of XSEDE resources but wants to now engage as a big data user using Python and Spark. Jay recommended submitting a startup for comet, wrangler and bridges with ECSS support.
- Feb 16, 2017, James Madison, Conference Call with Yasmeen Shorish, Data Services Coordinator, Assoc. Professor and Mr. Ben Delp, Director of Research Development and Promotion
- Call set up by Yvonne Harris, Ph.D., Vice Provost, Research and Scholarship, Division of Academic Affairs who was unable to attend call due to illness
- Presented an abbreviated XSEDE Overview What is XSEDE-Akli_02_2017_JMU.pdf
- Referral to Education Program (Kate Cahill) for additional discussion of curriculum, competencies
- Referral to Campus Engagement (Dana Brunson) for campus champions information.
- Since the call, JMU is planning on appointing a campus champion then will begin to develop a plan for training and possible XSEDE awareness events.
- There is one JMU power user who has been using resources managed by TeraGrid and XSEDE.
- Mar 22, 2017, George Mason University
- Meeting with Jayshree Sarma, Interim Director, Research Computing and XSEDE Campus Champion
- Referral to XSEDE Education: Interest in how to expand Computational and Data Science curriculum at William and Mary, Old Dominion University, George Mason and several of the other smaller institutions.
- Referral to Campus Engagement and Student Programs: Jayshree would also like to offer HPC boot camps for students on her campus. Also participates in a VA consortium that might be interested in a presentation on the XSEDE Education Program. Consortium includes:
- Referral to PEARC17 Website: Interest in students participating in the conference. Some concern about the requirement for partial funding from a student's institution will be a barrier for GMU students.
- Due to the location of GMU and the surrounding population, GMU serves a diverse population including women. Suggested that approaching campus broadening participation programs or centers to make sure XSEDE information about student programs is distributed in a way to reach everyone. CEE-BP and CEE-Campus Engagement can work together to develop strategies and possible events.
- April 25, 2017, Bethune Cookman University
- Meeting with Deans and Chairs to introduce XSEDE and discuss curriculum
- Meetings with a variety of campus representatives including IT and Library services
- Outcome, continued support for curriculum activities, potential collaborative proposals, and invitation to present at the Educational Justice Conference in July
Workshops Prior to PY9/PY10/PY11