Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

 

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 

...

  • (7/6) Maytal - not quite ready for SMT review; content is taking longer than expected but should be ready by the end of July. SP & CEE content in the works. Expect a summary of the pages as they stand.

Decisions:

 

Actions:

4. Panel Report Responses (Ron Payne)

...

  • (7/6) Ron - draft information is together; have a couple outstanding topics needing text
    • No need to provide written response to #17 - Ralph/Nancy/Craig - ECSS: Recommendations (Bullet 6)

Actions:



5. XSEDE Publication Initiative (Laura T. HerriottVictor Hazlewood)

Previously:

Decisions:

  •  

Discussion:

  • (7/6) Need to discuss funding (travel, etc.) as this is not in current budget.
  • (7/6) John: more concerned about sharing “what we are learning as a project” with the community.  Interested in exploring mechanisms of getting out information that are not appropriate for a more formal publication
  • (7/6) Kelly: Where did the list of publication sources. Laura: Melissa Cragin offered to get a list started. Doc is open to update. Kelly to circulate throughout CEE.
  • (7/6) Dave: how important is the accuracy of the list? Kelly: list is by WBS.  Some lists are good, some don’t map/apply. John: keep the list as potential channels but should focus on what should be provided and who should do it.
  • (7/6) Maytal: what are the targets? John: It is hard to project how many when we haven’t worked through what the who and how. It is reasonable for the L2 Directors to consider a target for their area given workload and effort.
  • (7/6) Need more time on defining presentation criteria
  • (7/6) Need criteria for tech journal/whitepaper series; need guidelines for the authors to use
  • (7/6) Need a process to setup whitepaper series/tech journal and the reviewing process/activities
  • (7/6) Can papers sourced from SP but outside XSEDE be included in tech journal/whitepaper series?  This needs to be considered and criteria proposed and brought to SPF for review and feedback.
  • (7/6) PEARC should be added to the possible publication channels
  • (7/6) Next steps
    • Discuss and draft implications of whitepaper/tech series (process, criteria, etc.)
    • Reach out to SPF and other partners to get input on scope of series
    • Setup recurring quarterly meeting parallel sessions to provide status on initiative, discuss relevant topics, and brainstorm on potential publications

Actions:


6. Globus Toolkit Support Changes (JP Navarro)

Previously:

Decisions:

  •  

Discussion:

  • (7/6) JP - see link above of what is and is not impacted. Requirements analysis and functionality discussions internally and among partners. Preparing transition plan, BoF at PEARC17, BoF at Research Data Alliance in September, and potentially a stand-alone conference. Engaging with XSEDE teams to ensure all dependencies are factored into transition plan. software.xsede.org has a Q&A forum for feedback. Feel free to email help@xsede.org as well.
    • Dan - timeline?
    • JP - final timeline is end of 2018
  • Other areas to share with: SPs, Gateways, User Portal, XRAS, Operations
  • XSEDE licensing the online services
Actions:


7. Round-the-Call Call-out for Improvements (Ron Payne)

...

  • CEE: nothing
  • ECSS: affiliates program, getting better at JIRA
  • XCI: name change
  • Ops: enterprise services baseline security standards
  • RAS: nothing
  • Program Office: documenting access and processes as we train new staff and prepare for regular meetings with subs. 

Decisions:Actions:



Status updates:

Follow this basic outline:

...