Assessment – Badges
Current Developers: Sandra Kappes, Jeff Sale, Victor Eijkhout.
Please check the specific badges linked below for progress reports.
- Award 50 badges per year
- Develop badges for 4 new topics per year
Badges Completed or Under Development:
- OpenACC Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced - Completed March 2015
- Data Visualization Beginner and Intermediate Badges - Completed September 2017
- OpenMP Beginner Badge - Completed February 2018
- Python for Data Science Beginner Badge - Completed May 2020
- Matlab for HPC Beginner Badge - Completed August 2020
- MPI - Intermediated Badge - Completed October 2020
- Lustre File I/O Badge - Completed September 2020
- Python for Data Science Intermediate Badge -Completed January, 2021
- Cybersecurity - In-Progress, target completion TBD
- OpenMP Intermediate Badge - Completed, January 2021
- GPU Hardware for HPC - Ready for Review, April, 2021
- Python for HPC - In-Progress, target completion June 2021
- PY 10
Big Data Advanced Badge
MPI Advanced Badge
Matlab for HPC Intermediate Badge
Python for Data Science Advanced Badge
GPU-CUDA for HPC Badge
OpenMP Advanced Badge
- Sandie, Victor, and Jeff will develop new badges, offer badges through workshops and independently, and switch www.hpc-training.org/xsede/moodle to XUP username login.
- Susan will work with Maytal/Amy on a plan to get awarded badge info into the database
- Sandie and Jeff will reach out to hosts of future workshops to coordinate opportunities to align badges with workshops. We will also find ways to include announcements about badges in workshop email announcements and alongside online workshop material. We hope workshop providers will be willing to work with us to make XSEDE Badges align as closely as possible with XSEDE workshops.
Original Discussions began during XSEDE 2016 where the original group met to discuss the Training group’s plans for assessment this year. We agreed to continue developing and awarding competency badges. We will not offer participation badges. Competency badges can be earned independently or offered as part of workshop activities. They can be earned by anyone who demonstrates competency in an area by completing an assessment or submitting results from completed exercises. Assessments/exercises are based on the event or topic training objectives.