In order to login, submit remote jobs, and access data movement servers on XSEDE HPC, HTC, Viz, and Storage resources users must be part of an XSEDE allocated project. This page documents how RACD staff and collaborators involved in developing, testing, and supporting XSEDE software and software based services can request and be added to the XSEDE 1.1.6 Software Development and Integration XCI (TG-STA110005SIRI160006) allocation.
Requesting Allocation Access
Before requesting access to the RACD XCI allocation a user must already have an XSEDE User Portal account. If you do not have an XSEDE User Portal account visit the portal https://www.xsede.org/ and click on "Create Account" under the "SIGN IN" button. Once you have an account and can login, proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Request Allocation Access
Once you submit your request and RACD management XCI management receives it, it will take 2 business days to process and take affect.
The following steps explain how the TG-STA110005S PIIRI160006 PI, co-PI, and allocation manager can grant access to the allocation.
- Go to the https://www.xsede.org/group/xup/add-remove-user page to add allocation users (requires portal login).
- Select project "TG-STA110005SIRI160006" and click "Next"
- Enter the new user's PORTAL USERNAME and click "Search" (if the username doesn't exist, report it back to the requester and you can't continue)
- Select "No" next to "Is this person a Co-PI?"
- Select "TeraGrid" next to "Select XSEDE Resources"
- Click the "Add User" button.
- Click the "Submit Users" button.
- Review the page and click "SUBMIT FOR APPROVAL"