Situation: Severe weather (snow, hurricane, etc.) causes widespread disruption of XRAC member travel, and a large number of members are unable to attend in person. (Assume for this scenario that XSEDE staff are on site; otherwise, refer to Scenario 2.)
- can we adjust catering at the last minute and save some money?
- need three Zoom meetings/coordinates ready to be distributed – how will on-site and off-site people engage?
Scenario 2: XSEDE allocations staff unable to reach meeting site
Situation: Travel plans for XSEDE allocations staff are disrupted (e.g., flight cancellation, weather, and so on), and while most XRAC members arrive, the core allocations staff are not on site.
- how do allocations staff listen in and engage?
- do we need "boots on the ground" in the meetings? deputize other XSEDE staff or SP Reps?
Scenario 3: Network/wi-fi disruption in meeting hotel or city
Situation: Everyone arrives as usual, but hotel or destination city suffers from sustained (many-hour) networking or wi-fi disruption.
- meetings rely heavily, if not exclusively on XRAS being available, as well as Google Sheets.
Scenario 4: Equipment malfunction
Situation: Ken's laptop or one of the laptops of the allocations team is damaged, lost, or stolen en route or at the destination.
- all traveling staff should have a copy of meeting materials and/or a USB drive with them.
- is it useful to have a spare laptop shipped separately, in advance, to the hotel? Or have one person bring a spare?
- if any of the other scenarios involve having other equipment sent, should we include a spare laptop?