Some partner organizations within the XSEDE Federation fall within the Service Provider designation. Multiple types of Service Providers are defined in the XD Service Providers Forum: Charter, Membership, and Governance document available on the XSEDE Project Documents page in order to encourage participation in the Federation and to balance the need for clear expectations of service levels with the desire to be flexible. The overarching goal of the XF with respect to service providers is to encourage service providers to bring new and innovative services to XSEDE while not being overly burdensome with respect to process and requirements. Clearly defined service levels and an operational framework for partnering relationships encourage broader participation, expand the services available to the community, and form the underpinnings of a pervasive national cyberinfrastructure ecosystem.
Agendas & Minutes
November 14, 2019 @1PM Pacific/4 pm Eastern
- Welcome and introduction of new SP Forum member
- Preston Smith, Executive Director of IT Research Services and Support, will provide the SP Forum with an overview and update on Purdue's cyberinfrastructure systems, services and activities. Purdue is an L2 member of the SP Forum.
- Victor H. will have an XSEDE Operations and SP coordination update.
- Follow-up from October 3 meeting: SP Forum interest in communicating to NSF Program Officer about XSEDE follow-on
- Review and initial discussion of the SP Forum Charter, especially the membership levels. Please take time, in advance of the meeting to read through the
current charter in advance; you can find it at https://www.ideals.illinois.edu/handle/2142/49980 .
- Open Storage Network
- Bylaws and Charter discussion
- XSEDE program, operations and SP coordination updates as time permits
PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:https://zoom.us/j/250683513