- JP Navarro
- Shava Smallen
- Lucille Jarzynka
- Lee Liming
- Jim Basney
- Scott Koranda
- Eric Blau
- Elizabeth Pantalone
- Jonghoon Kim
- Galen Arnold
- Susan Litzinger
- Derek Simmel
- Peter Enstrom
- Jeff Makey
|10 min||General Updates||JP, Shava & Lucille|
|10 min||Use Case and Capability Delivery Plan Updates||Lee, Jim, JP|
|30 min||Activity Status Updates||Shava and everyone|
Meetings and Events
- XSEDE Advisory Board (XAB) Webinar on October 30 included an XCI update
- No significant feedback
- XSEDE Quarterly in December 2020 will be remote
- November 19, December 2 and 16
- Supercomputing 20 - can visit exhibits w/o login; exhibitor registration free (access to some talks, etc.)
Planning, Reporting, and Reviews
- Next IPR13 will cover RY5 RP2: Aug '20 - Oct '20
- Significant new deliverables and capability retirements
Project Improvement Ideas
- We should submit project improvements to be recorded here.
- We can also submit PIF request anytime here.
Use Case and Capability Delivery Plans
Capability Delivery Plans and Use Cases
In the last quarter, XSEDE has finalized implementations of two use cases.
SPI-06 Emergency account suspension
SPI-08 Register availability of a specific application or service for use
- So far, we have 10 new use cases for the UREP's Fall 2020 review, and another 4 candidates that are still under development.
- DM-14 Run an application that automatically gathers data from public websites
- DM-15 Transfer data between a community storage system and commercial cloud storage
- DA-07 Run an interactive data science application (e.g., notebook server, etc.) using a community resource for back-end tasks
- HPC-05 View performance metrics for one's recent use of an HPC system
- HPC-06 Submit jobs to an HPC system using a web-enabled device (including mobile)
- HPC-07 Upload, download, and edit files on an HPC system using a browser
- TS-04 Share a read-only remote desktop session with someone else (to aid in technical support)
- CAN-04 Open a command shell on a login server (specifically, using a web browser instead of a local SSH client)
- SPI-18 Provide a web interface for an HPC system, customized for individual users
- SPI-17 Push notifications to users of an HPC system via a web interface
- Two use cases still being explored have to do with support for time-critical jobs
- One use case still being explored has to do with starting up a new science gateway using a "template"
- One use case still being explored as to do with sharing scientific workflow definitions with other researchers
- All use cases for the UREP review need CDPs by Fri. or Mon.
Integration Assistance Engagements
Token-Based Authentication and Authorization
- JP Navarro will create a new Integration Assistance Engagement JIRA task
- Jim Basney will propose a panel session on XSEDE's Perspective on Token Assurance for Authentication and Authorization at the TAGPMA Workshop on Token-Based Authentication and Authorization
- We will invite select XSEDE & SP security folks to attend to raise awareness of XSEDE's perspective and activities
Activity Status Updates
Before each meeting add a brief progress comment to your tasks below by clicking on the JIRA task (the last comment will show up in the agenda). Please include the following info:
- Anything affecting progress
- Potential new efforts we should consider
To remove tasks that you didn't work on since the last meeting, edit this page, click on the activity list graphic below your name, and uncheck tasks.
See attached PDF.