Child pages
  • WBS 2.3.2 RACD Meetings 2017-05-04 Agenda and Minutes
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

Goals

  • Share XSEDE program general updates
  • Share requirements analysis and capability delivery planning activities
  • Share capability integration activity status

Discussion items

TimeItemWhoNotes
~10minGeneral UpdatesJP & Shava 
~10minUse Case and Capability Delivery Plan UpdatesLee 
40minActivity Status UpdatesShava 

 

General updates

Planning (PY7) and Interim Progress Reports (IPR3)

The XAB reviewed our PY7 plan and CSR vision last week.

RACD PY7 Metrics and Targets: 

  • *12 new Use Cases+CDPs for UREP prioritization
  • 7 new capabilities
  • 6 CI engagements
  • 4 of 5 customer satisfaction
  • <30 days to address support requests
  • *4 SP component fixes/enhancements
  • *12 enterprise service fixes/enhancement
  • *4 new components instrumented and tracked for usage 

* new metric: mostly measure important work we already do.

We submitted our IPR3 and RY1 yearly report this week:

  • We pro-rated our "new capabilities made available for production" given an 8-month year. Met our target of 5 (versus 7)
  • We pro-rated our "CI integration assistance engagements" given an 8-month year. Met our target of 5 (versus 6).
  • We missed our User Rating of components target of 4 and only had 3.53 based on User Survey

The combined PY7 Plan and PY6/RY1 Annual Report (including RP3) is due in May 12.

News and Announcements

N/A

Engineer practices

We need to track bugs/defects and significant improvements using JIRA so that we can measure our new metric:

  • Components: RDR, Globus Transfer, SSO Hub, CSR, JIRA, Confluence, Information Services (RabbitMQ, Warehouse, Web API)
  • Security Components: Globus Auth, MyProxy, CILogon, OAuth MyProxy
  • JP Navarro is scheduling an Agile overview and training session in May

We need to instrument and track usage for new components

  • JP Navarro will inventory production component usage tracking status so that we can prioritize new metrics collection work

Yearly RACD process improvements ideas.

  • Please submit ideas to JP NavarroShava Smallen, or Debra Nigra over the next 2 weeks
  • Regarding: engineering process, planning and reporting, meetings, tools, management practices, etc.

Use Case and Capability Delivery Plan Updates

  • Currently working on proposed group management use cases based on earlier user needs study.
    • Lee Liming to complete group management use cases
  • Community Infrastructure (CI) and Service Provider Integration (SPI) use cases that are driving CSR development (per XSEDE2 proposal) will be published along with CSR announcements.
    • Lee Liming to publish CI and SPI use case descriptions
  • New "Guided Resource Discovery" SPI-02 use case from XRAS
    • JP Navarro is coordinating XRAS and relevant implementation teams on "Guided Resource Discovery"
  • Reminder: Please forward all ideas/suggestions for new features from all sources

Activity Status Updates

Delivered and deployed

Use case testing (JP):

  • Service Provider Integration 1, 3, and 4 - Tested by Choonhan
  • Community Infrastructure (CI) 1 and 2 – Tested by Choonhan

 XCI-30 Provide InCommon Identity Provider for XSEDE Identities (Jim Basney)

  • Testing completed on  and handed off to Ops
  • ACTIONS

Pending deployment

In Testing

XCI-6 New SP Resource Integration Testing (Shava Smallen)

  • Goal: Run the the new SP and new resource integration process and recommend areas of improvement
  • Working closely with Victor in CRI
  • Will be tested by Christopher S Irving
  • Victor mentioned case where SP wanted to know if they build their own versions of XSEDE components, where they can find the list of required features
    • Lee suggested use cases; capability is there now but not filled in
  • TRR completed on  
  • Frontend is installed; Working on package installs now
    • CA certificate package installed with fetch-crl
    • Posted module template for CUE package
    • Working on Globus packages published few issues already
    • Question about what resource id to use for xdresourceid package – Christopher will submit help ticket
    • Found xdusage package has not been updated to the latest release – fixed and then unfixed – Eric will take a look – Christopher will post other xdusage related comments
    • Working with XCDB team to get resource id – will re-use comet

XCI-17 Update GSI-OpenSSH for OpenSSL 1.1  (Venkatesh Yekkirala)

  • TRR completed on  
  • Galen and Susan testing
  • Will use bridges.psc.edu, port 2222 for SP login/DUO testing – thanks Derek!
  • Regarding retesting of depending Globus packages, just worry about GridFTP, not GRAM

XCI-21 Fix and enhance IPF software publishing (Eric Blau)

  • Derek Simmel and Peter Enstrom are testing
  • Derek able to fix update issues and new certificates – should be done soon
  • Deb has been emailing with JP and Maytal about how to display usage information – need to come to consensus and discuss with SPs and possibly open a new activity
  • Peter finished his testing today and will send his log to Derek for reference
  • ACTION(S)
    • Derek Simmel finished testing and will send log later today

In Development

SDIACT-159 Enable subscribing to XSEDE monitoring information from Inca and Nagios (Shava Smallen)

  • Code completed and testing integration with Information services
  • Pending test plan
  • Waiting on deployment of Nagios plugin 
  • Inca publishing data now; test plan next
  • Inca messages have been updated to have a Valid timestamp so can more easily be cleaned from the warehouse

SDIACT-214 Provide RESTfull interfaces to the XSEDE Information Services Query Warehouse (JP Navarro)

  • Design review completed 2017-04-21
  • Needs testing plan

SDIACT-226 Assist software provider to deliver Kepler workflow support on XSEDE (Shweta Purawat)

  • Kepler has been installed on VM; developer working on setting up some Bio apps they need for users.
  • Received VM from IU and working to migrate to Comet
  • Kepler install not too far along so got new copy of the now larger SSO Hub image
  • kepler.xsede.org VM is now being hosted on Comet with DUO and RSA enabled, working on test plan and packages

SDIACT-244 Upgrade and transition JIRA for XSEDE2 (Shava Smallen)

  • JP Navarro got mysql replication working between primary and backup servers
  • Gary has also setup Confluence
  • Added new notification plugin for PM team
  • JIRA 7.3 was recently released
  • Gary is working on service containers to make it easier to backup and restore

XCI-19 Implement Initial XSEDE Community Software Repository (JP Navarro)

  • At https://software.xsede.org/
  • In Agile development
  • Delivering Software Information Entry and Activity Views by end of April (IPR3 and RY1)
  • Working on ability to register software capabilities manually for gateways and one software provider
  • Working on global software repository view
  • Working on public engineering views

XCI-27 Incremental Resource Description Repository (RDR) fixes and enhancements (JP Navarro)

  • Setting up failover server
  • Dave Hart and JP will be contacting the RDR folks to get a better idea of their roadmap for PY7
  • Failover server is almost complete

XCI-44 Incremental Pub/Sub (RabbitMQ) fixes, enhancements, and support

XCI-2 Document how Science Gateways can use XSEDE Identity Management (Lee Liming)

In Design

SDIACT-207 Adapt INCA to information services changes (Shava Smallen)

  • Launched on  
  • CentOS 7 migration of SDSC server finished
  • Almost wrapped up with changes – need to document

XCI-7 Review and improve Confluence and JIRA authorization configuration (Warren Raquel)

  • Warren recommended creating a staff and WBS group and a few other admin suggestions
  • ACTION(S)
    • Shava Smallen to assess document and possible solutions for identified issues
    • JP Navarro: Start DSR (Deb volunteered to be a reviewer)

XCI-36 Enable L3 resource logins via XSEDE using login allocations (Jim Basney)

  • Started DSR on ; feedback due  

XCI-45 Prepare initial Group management requirements, use cases, and plans (Lee Liming)

  • See use case status above.

Launch

 

In Planning 

XCI-43 XSEDE-UIUC/campus infrastructure information services federation pilot

  • During the Fall of 2016 we exchanged information about our existing capabilities and needs
  • Draft collaboration plan almost ready for management review and approval

New Activities from CDPs: