Child pages
  • WBS 2.3.2 Globus Toolkit Succession Planning 2017-07-21 Meeting
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Agenda

  1. Community Coordination Events
  2. Impacted XSEDE Group Meetings
  3. Impact Analysis and Use Case Documents

Draft Impact Analysis

Discussion and Action Items

Community Coordination Events

  • These events could have a stronger Federated Interoperability use case focus
  • We agreed to replace the RDA BoF with an online meeting which will likely result in more participation
  • Proposed online meeting date is Tuesday  at 9am Central (to accomodate west coast, Europe)
  • Participating infrastructures would present their impact, plans, and status
  • Lee Liming will Google draft the initial meeting announcement to be sent by the week of 
    • Announcement content: planned date and time, invite infrastructures to present, invite forwarding to interested parties
    • Send to both the list of collaborators and to XSEDE news
  • Jim Basney to compile the e-mail list of collaborators in a Google document that is only viewable by Lee, Jim, JP
  • We will send a final meeting announcement late in August listing all the presenting infrastructures
  • Discussed other BoFs at SC a perhaps early in 2018

Impacted XSEDE Group Meetings

  • JP Navarro to schedule a joint meeting with Campus Bridging and Champions
  • JP Navarro to schedule a meeting with Science Gateways
  • JP Navarro record possible meeting with Ops/CEE-XUP/XRAS in JIRA
  • JP Navarro to schedule a meeting with SPF and/or SP Admins
  • Lee Liming to draft a general XSEDE user communication describing what is not impacted, and inviting users that may be using GT client tools locally to contact us
  • In these meetings we will present two documents:
    • Lee Liming will prepare an audience-specific summary of impacted use cases with a brief description of each use case
    • Lee Liming will prepare a very brief, more complete list of all impacted use cases, organized to not make it overwhelming
    • We'll invite participants to review these and tell us what we missed.
  • We will send out the general XSEDE user communication after we've schedule the more specific meetings

Impact Analysis and Use Case Documents

  • For now, the impact analysis document is a place to organize information.
  • We are documenting affected components and use cases
  • We'll figure out what documents we need to communicate externally later.
  • We agreed to add a section "B. Impacted Use Cases" that summarizes the use cases that are impacted by this change.
    • Lee Liming will draft the Impacted Use Cases section
  • Reminder of the overall schedule (not discussed in this meeting)
    • Thru the end of 2017: complete impact analysis and identify all relevant use cases; start testing if possible
    • First half of 2018: deliver all replacement components
    • Last half of 2018: replace/retire all impacted components

 

Attendees