Attendees: Eric C, Steve B, Daniel Wagner@UCO, Thomas Chen@UCO, EvanLemley@UCO,Rick M,Rich K
- Storage overview
- Only need 8-9 TB total offsite now
- Globus transfer plan?
- Move to DC2 or Slate hampered by slow network
- Possible MTU issue between Buddy and IU globus
- Can't get ping -s 8000 through to the globus host @ IU
- Re-convene Wed @ 10am EST to test again
Attendees: Eric C,
- Workplan overview
- Can we get module history?
- Gathering slurm logs directly?
- Globus planning?
- We offered up IU storage as a disaster-only tmp backup option
- We'll grab space on Slate or SDA
- Doing a test run next week on the 14th, they've promised an endpoint and big tar file will be ready.
Attendees: Eric C, Sam Kelting@UCO,Thomas Chen@UCO, Evan Lemley@UCO,Steve B, RIch K, Rick M,Daniel Wagner@UCO,
- Workplan discussion
- Spack Config?
- slurmdbd config?
- Don't seem interested
- Recommendations on rolling up user data as a backup?
- Stream to XSEDE as an option
- Potentially stream to IU
- Thoughts for next time:
- Globus Connect Server setup
- work on backup plan
- Draft workplan shared via gDocs in 2 weeks
Attendees: Eric C, Sam Kelting@UCO, Thomas Chen@UCO, Rich K, Steve B, Rick M, Evan Lemley@UCO
- UCO Questions?
- Aug 3,4,5,10,11
- Plan explicit timeline & workplan in followups
- WW Image Modification
- Questions about Globus
- They have 2 other nodes attached via fiber to the storage, w/ access to a fast regional network
- Spack config (following https://github.com/XSEDE/CRI_JS_Cluster_Tutorial/blob/master/tutorial_material/Walkthrough.md)
- Interested in OpenXDMoD as well
Attendees: Eric C, Rick M, Sam Kelting@UCO,
Questions from UCO?
Walkthrough of the WW guts of the XCBC virtualbox build
Fixed broken WW setup on VBox
– resetting WW interfaces
– install VBox extension (UPDATE TO READTHEDOCS)
– Brief WW walkthrough
Talk about Spack config in the future
Walk through WW image builds in the future
Next meetings in 2 weeks
Sam K sent specs for Buddy:
Please find below the requested hardware specs for Buddy.
Dual Eight-Core E5-2630v3 "Haswell" Xeons
Dual Eight-Core E5-2630v3“Haswell” Xeons
64TB "HDD" + 240GB "SSD"
Dual Ten-Core E5-2650v3“Haswell” Xeons
|Dual Ten-Core E5-2650v3“Haswell” Xeons|
|Dual Ten-Core E5-2650v3“Haswell” Xeons + Tesla K40m + Intel Xeon PHI|
240 GB "SSD"