Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:

Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meetings if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 


2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Leslie Froeschl

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - July 15, 2021
  • (8/12) Working on IPR15 this week. Thank you to everyone for your efforts. There are a few outstanding comments/questions for CEE, ECSS, RAS that need addressed. Please work with your area PM to get these resolved. 
  • (8/26) IPR15 submitted on time last week. Thank you all for your efforts. Enjoy the break until November & IPR16!

Discussion: 

  • No reporting until November. 
  • Reminder to pull together your + 5% wish lists by Wednesday, Sept. 29. 

Decisions: 


3. Final Report Structure (John W. Towns

Previously:

  • (9/23) Added to agenda
  • See document John drafted at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W0eRifDa1SqQF6FJCf4-T_9zZiPhLBdQqo3BeXKt9GE/edit
    • Final report broke into 2 parts
    • Final report 1 modeled off XSEDE1 final report (XSEDE1 Final Report)
      • May want to summarize transition from XSEDE to ACCESS (as we're able)
      • Appendix B (Trends over project): needs input from Dave H
    • Final report 2: final reports on longitudinal studies & ROI. 
      • Need input from Lizanne & Craig about this
  • NSF was uncertain if they can extend past August due to constraints about extending beyond 6 years, but Bob/Al confirmed that they CAN do this. 

Discussion: 

  • Kelly: would be useful to synthesize in NSF speak on intellectual merit/broader impacts in Part 2. Technology translation program... 
  • Show we adopted multi-factor authentication. CO adopted using XSEDE logins... Impact of us doing federated identity that others benefited from. We developed capabilities that community benefited from. Lesson learned about this as well if ACCESS takes this away from people.
  • Can we quantify investment of Duo, demonstrate how that investment benefited.. people would be interested. 
  • General theme: how has project adopted commodity capabilities at reduced cost and allowed us to focus on higher level services. 
  • Next step: conversation with eval team. 
  • Finalize at December QM so John can get approval from NSF in December. 

Decisions: 


4. Terminology Task Force Update (Linda Akli

Previously:

  • (9/23) Added to agenda

Discussion: 

  • Short training video has been completed. 
    • Boz will promote it. 
    • Susan added to new staff guide/onboarding. 
  • Deb creating Jira task for each L2 area for review/cleanup process of XSEDE materials
  • Shava's student investigating tools: web crawling tools that can do word searches. 
  • BoF accepted at SC21--similar to what was done at PEARC21

Decisions: 


Around the call up

Follow this basic outline:

      • Status update on significant activities
      • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
      • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
      • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) - 
    • Will need to figure out what expenses we'll incur after Aug 2022 for no cost extension. Will need to provide plan/budget for the funds. 
       
  • Deputy Director (Tim) -

    • No update

  • CEE (Kelly) - 
    • Susan M reaching out to SP Forum re. YouTube channel for training. Like to create playlist for each SP for their training videos. 
       
  • ECSS (Bob S/Phil/Sergiu) -
    • Working to ensure soft landing for user community.
    • Survey out to see about interest in training
    • Considering major proposal that would soak up a portion of residual funds if they're available. 
    • Balancing community support needs, new resources coming online, what we can do to help 

  • XCI (Dave L/Tabitha/Shava) -

    • Globus connect server rollout happening

    • Making progress on open ondemand pilot. A lot of excitement on SP Forum call. 

    • Engaging with ROI team

    • Met with Darwin team to do final check before production. They're in great shape. They need to get in touch with ECSS still.    

  • Ops (Greg/Victor) -
    • Florida reached out re. federated identity. 
    • Making pass through all project docs to make updates as needed & post to IDEALS
    • Most Ops underspend is at NCSA. Ron/Leslie working with L3 managers & NCSA staffing managers on this. 
       
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken/Nathan) -

    • Working on field of science mapping for NSF directorate reports

  • Program Office (Ron/Leslie) - 
  • No labels