Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:

Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meetings if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 


2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Leslie Froeschl

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - July 15, 2021
  • (8/12) Working on IPR15 this week. Thank you to everyone for your efforts. There are a few outstanding comments/questions for CEE, ECSS, RAS that need addressed. Please work with your area PM to get these resolved. 
  • (8/26) IPR15 submitted on time last week. Thank you all for your efforts. Enjoy the break until November & IPR16!
  • (9/23) No reporting until November. 
    • Reminder to pull together your + 5% wish lists by Wednesday, Sept. 29.

Discussion: 

  •  Final report recommendation shared with Bob & Al
    • Fine with most of it. Reword anything re. no-cost extension as that is not approved 
    • Getting eval folks together to discuss 
    • Plan to finalize by December QM so it can be submitted to NSF

Decisions: 


3. OSG End-of-Life (Tabitha Samuel

Previously:

  • (10/6) Added to agenda

Discussion: 

  •  Don't want to invest time updating out-of-date system for the few users they have. 
  • Process other than go through checkout process/update RDR? 
    • SPF charter: may state they should provide a letter?
    • Any PIs with allocations that will need to find alternate resource? 
      • They said they will work with users to make sure they have resources they need/steer to other resources
    • Very few requests for OSG at allocation meetings. Typically one user who they will take care of. 
  • Not sure how close what they're doing under PATH aligns with what OSG is doing? 

Decisions: 

  • Go through outlined offboarding process.


4. +5% funding requests (Ron Payne

Previously:

  • (10/7) Added to agenda

Discussion: 

  • CEE thought about 5% collectively. Kelly will go in and add numbers/info. 
  • Any of these will need to pass muster for "why do this in the last year of the project." Need good justification. Make sure it has impact beyond life of award.
  • Estimates for salaries based on average "loaded" salary. 
  • Need to do analysis re. how the totals stack up against available funds. 
  • Need to finalize numbers/info. Provide next level of detail (answer questions etc.) for next SMT meeting (prior to Oct. 21). 

Decisions: 


Around the call up

Follow this basic outline:

      • Status update on significant activities
      • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
      • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
      • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) - 
    • Talked to Bob & Al this morning. 
    • UMich subaward still in limbo. 
    • While not opposed to adding Virginia Tech as a subaward for XCI work, he made it clear there would need to be very strong justification. Best to avoid this if possible.  
       
  • Deputy Director (Tim) -

    • No update

  • CEE (Kelly) - 
    • No update
       
  • ECSS (Bob S/Phil/Sergiu) -
    • No update 

  • XCI (Dave L/Tabitha/Shava) -

    • Response to ROI survey of SPs has been poor. 2 L1s, 3 L3s, no response from L2s. Extending deadline, but is there anything we can do to nudge this? Mentioned during SPF & SP software calls. Due Oct. 19

      • Many won't respond until last minute. 

      • Email only goes to PIs. Tabitha could make sure those she works with are aware of this. Goes to the SP rep which is typically the PI. 
      • Tension in filling out the survey. Feeling of "why are we doing this."
      • Can they send prior year's responses? 
      • Offer 1-1 handholding sessions?  
  • Ops (Greg/Victor) -
    • No update
       
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken/Nathan) -

    • Dec XRAC is open for submissions & starting to trickle in.

  • Program Office (Ron/Leslie) - 
  • SP Forum (Ruth) -  

    • Nothing of note to report.
       
  • UAC (Emre) -   
    • No update.  

  • NSF (Bob C) - 

    Next Meeting:     SMT - October 21, 2021 

  • No labels