Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:


Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meeting if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 

 

2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Karla Gendler

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - July 20, 2017
  • (7/6) - IPR3 is due August 17th which means that text will be due to Project Managers on August 7th. The recommendation is that L3s should have their text to their PMs on the 2nd. This also means that L2s and L3s will need to be watching their email for questions on August 14th. Expect to see an email from Leslie Morsek the last week of July.
  • (7/6) - A risk review will begin the week of July 17th. Kandace (though JIRA) will be contacting all risk owners to review their risks where they will have to interact JIRA and their risks to mark them as being reviewed. She will be sending out documentation on how to do this with her email. All risk owners have JIRA accounts; they are the same as your Confluence wiki account and you can use your portal credentials to log in.
  • (7/20) Quarterly Risk Review underway. 
  • (8/3) Karla - currently in reporting cycle. Text due to Project Managers. Text in main google doc by 8/8. Due to NSF on 8/18. 100% compliance with Risk review. NSF panel response due to NSF 8/25
  • (8/17) Final stages of report. one outstanding item from XCI before submitting. Report will be submitted today.
  • (9/28) Karla - PY7 Plan and report accepted. Next report during SC. Risk review starts 10/16. Watch for emails and work with your PM to stay updated.

Discussion:

  • (10/12) Next IPR due 11/15; schedule being sent by Leslie M on Mon (10/16)
  • (10/12) Risk review starting on Mon. email coming from Kandace 

Decisions:


Actions:

  • Maytal requested a Quarterly Leadership Radar identifying major project level activities, new tools/functionality released, etc. - Ron to proposal options to serve the need

 


3. LCCF: Preparing for "Towards a Leadership-Class Computing Facility - Phase 1" (17-558) (John W. Towns)

Previously:

  • (7/17) Added to agenda as a result of the discussion during the XSEDE All Staff meeting held at PEARC17
  • (7/17) Solicitation can be found at: https://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?WT.z_pims_id=503148&ods_key=nsf17558
  • (7/20) ACTION: Ron to talk to John about the owner, plan and availability date for the XSEDE collaboration document for this solicitation.
  • (8/3) John - each of the L2s need to create a list of resources/services they would be willing to provide, so that we can include it in a letter of collaboration; list due 8/11. Each offering would have a 1-3 line description. John will send a Google doc.
  • (8/17) John: Need to include how a proposer would gain access the services and any criteria and/or requirements for each item/service/options.
  • (8/17) John: Need CEE input ASAP.
  • (8/17) John: Would like to have something available by the end of next week (8/25) and it should be made available on the website somewhere.
  • (9/28) Ron - John working with team. Kristin and Maytal on standby for posting on website and ER get press release
  • (9/28) Nancy - ECSS reviewed text and OK

Discussion:

  • (10/12) Document is done, ER working on press release; UII has green light for website addition.  Ron to send a confirmation whe information is posted on website and the press release is released. 

Decisions:

  •  

 

4. Wiki Policy Addendum (Karla Gendler)

Previously:

  • (9/28) Karla - will send link for vote before next SMT
  • (9/28) Kelly - concerned about wording surrouding violating policy; what are we really going to do. Missing content isn't a violation. Violation is terribly inappropriate. Perhaps reword. What is the purpose? Wiki guidelines. Anyone who doesn't follow guidelines is out of compliance.
    • Karla - making folks aware. Project Managers will handle it. SMT may need to step in. Could remove access and take down pages. Wiki is public, so we are determining what is allowable based on standards.
  • (9/28) Victor - guidelines, standards, policies are all different. Acceptable use vs. standards of use. Reference XSEDE acceptable use policy to cover appropriateness.
  • (9/28) Nancy - classifying missing information rather than violation

Discussion:

  • (10/12) All suggestions and input from SMT have been addressed in the policy addendum.  The addendum is ready for approval voting.  Nancy & Greg approve.  Ron to send out an email to the L2s not on the call for their vote. Voting response requested by 10/18.

Decisions:

  •  

 

Status updates:

Follow this basic outline:

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) - 
    • Preliminary call with IRIS (Univ. of Michigan) about ROI and impact measures.
  • CEE (Kelly) - Nothing To Report (NTR)
  • ECSS (Nancy/Ralph/Sergiu) - Looking forward to PY8 plans for XAB call: more proactive, working with PRACE & RIST; JIRA PM 
  • XCI (Dave L/Craig) - NTR
  • Ops (Greg/Victor) - LCCF focus, looking to interim review, completed Ops metrics review
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken) - NTR
  • Program Office (Ron/Laura) -
  • SP Forum (Dan) -  Nancy presenting containers to forum; discussions w/John about onboarding users topic for interum review.
  • UAC (Emre) - NTR
  • PM&R (Karla/Scott) - NTR
  • NSF (Bob) - NSF

 

Next Meeting:  October 26, 2017

  • No labels