Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:

Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meetings if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 


2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Leslie Froeschl

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - January 13, 2022
  • (2/10) IPR17 is getting wrapped up. Thank you all for your efforts and getting your inputs in on time.
  • (4/21) RY5 Annual Report collection will begin May 1. Please be responsive to the posted schedule! 
    • Thank you for contributions to lessons learned. The doc is coming along nicely. Please keep an eye out for questions/comments that come your way and be responsive to those. 

Discussion:  

  • L2 text for  Annual Report is due to your area PM TODAY!

Decisions: 


3. Detailed Transition Plan (John Towns

Previously:

  • (5/5) Added to agenda. 
  • Current version of draft transition plan can be found at http://hdl.handle.net/2142/109214
  • Google doc where we will adapt the preliminary transition plan into the detailed transition plan: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dJTVQ82p4ELnccj2NqrV1y-ajI4WrQLpnJxyfyE5Dw8/edit#
  • Schedule: 

    Present-May 27, 2022

    Each XSEDE L2 area engage in conversations with pertinent ACCESS teams from across all tracks to determine what XSEDE resources/services are desired for transition 

    May 31-June 10

    L2 teams write their section of the detailed transition plan following the preliminary transition plan. 

    June 13

    John/Tim review plans from each area and provide feedback.  

    June 14

    Responses to questions/comments & each L2 area makes changes based on John/Tim’s feedback

    June 15

    John/Tim do final review to resolve any issues & ER Copyedit

    June 16

    Format final doc in Word--hand off to John for final review.

    June 17

    Detailed Transition Plan Due to NSF

Discussion:

  • XSEDE proactively reach out to ACCESS awardees to find out what they need us to transition.   

Decisions: 


3. Voting on PIF innovation (Ron Payne

Previously:

Discussion:  

Decisions: 


Around the call up

Follow this basic outline:

      • Status update on significant activities
      • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
      • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
      • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) - 
    • After 8 mos of waiting, finally got approval for UMichigan subaward for IRIS work. 
    • Told Bob & Al that we'll be delivering detailed transition plan in June. 
       
  • Deputy Director (Tim) -

    • Finished going through lessons learned and made a few comments 

  • CEE (Kelly) - 
    • Ramping up ACSC for DC is week after next. 45 students. In addition to traditional undergrads, including students wanting to return back to workforce or enter tech force for first time.  
    • Next week: broadening participation meeting to formalize offerings to make sure we transition & document so we can publicize, disseminate, carry it on. 
    • John: Shelley Knuth sent communication to campus champions email list to try to connect. Heard some questionable feedback.

      •  
  • ECSS (Bob S/Phil/Sergiu) -
    • Talking to Dave H for small transfer from NCAR to PSC to allow Sergiu/PSC to get more effort for champions etc. 
    • XSEDE-ACCESS transition: 
      • MATCH/Track2 will connect paying customers with the services they need. Have had several conversations with Track 2 about transition, providing info to ECSS staff so they can decide if they want to work with them.  
          
  • XCI (Dave L/Tabitha/Shava) -

    • Done with Annual Report. 
    • Meeting with ACES team from Texas A&M to discuss integration with XSEDE as L1 SP
  • Ops (Greg/Victor) -
    • Done with Annual Report 
       
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken/Nathan) -

    • No update

  • Program Office (Ron/Leslie) - 
  • SP Forum (Ruth) - 

    • Having meetings with various ACCESS tracks at SP Forum coming up. Also meeting with Open Storage 
       

  • UAC (Emre) -   
    • No update

  • NSF (Bob C) - 

    Next Meeting:    May 19, 2022

  • No labels