Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:

Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meetings if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 


2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Leslie Froeschl

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - February 25, 2021
  • (3/25) L3s should be finalizing submission of PY11 planning text to PMs. L2 deadline for final text is next Wednesday 3/31. 
    • Annual report process will start May 1.
  • (4/8) Wrapping up PY11 plan today. 
    • XAB: Friday April 16 10am-1pm CT; Slides due by end of day TODAY (with questions for XAB feedback).  Please place them here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/3/folders/1Cm7K7KajAIjJKaoTZcGIfMKloVS3720e.
    • Requested SP Forum volunteers to sign up to review/provide feedback to an L2 of their choosing. Sent reminder today and hope to get at least one reviewer for each L2 area. L2s: please send Leslie a few times you could do a 30-min call with these folks in the next couple weeks. 
    • Annual report process will start May 1. 
  • (4/22) Meetings with SP Forum reps set up for CEE, XCI, Ops. Still working on scheduling ECSS & PgO. No one signed up for RAS. 
    • Annual report process begins May 1. 
  • (5/6) Annual report text due to your area project manager TODAY

Discussion: 

  • Annual Report is with John and should be submitted today.
  • Panel review slides will be updated with org charts by next week. 

Decisions: 


3. Valid use of ECSS Symposium attendee list (Robert Sinkovits)

Previously: (5/20) Added to agenda

Discussion: 

  • Received request from an ECSS speaker for list of attendees at his past symposium presentation. Is this something we are allowed to provide? My inclination is "no" since the attendees didn't authorize, but want to hear other opinions. As a workaround, would it be reasonable to send an email to attendees (using Bcc) pointing toward a form authorizing contact from presenter?
    • CEE doesn't distribute list of students ever. 
    • If anyone attends from Europe there are conflicts
    • Could have a checkbox for people when they register if they're ok with receiving followup from a symposium speaker. Don't give out without prior consent 
    • People can always get in touch with the speaker afterwards if they provide their email address.

Decisions: 


4. Terminology Task Force (Linda Akli)

Previously: See archive of previous discussion at SMT Meeting - April 22, 2021

Discussion: 

  • Held training for area leads and John. Next step will be to offer training to the rest of the staff. 2 sessions will be offered. Text to be provided to John so he can send out to staff. 
  • XCI did not participate in terminology task force. Tabitha & Shava talked with Susan and Jay about the work
    • XCI has a lot of documentation to review to ensure compliance. Possible development of automated tool? Would this be a good project for campus champion fellows project? Bob: initial inclination is that it is not a good fit. Typically build gateways, optimize/parallelize codes. But Bob/Tabitha to follow up.  
    • XCI can take a phased approach to this review. Focus first on active content. Not looking to go way back in archives/inactive content. 
    • Would not rely on an automated tool. Some crawling tools exist, but images are difficult. 

Decisions: 


Around the call up

Follow this basic outline:

      • Status update on significant activities
      • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
      • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
      • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

    • PI (John/Ron) - 
      • Most of the way through the annual report. Will be submitted in next couple hours
      • Up next: panel review. Agenda looks like last year, so will be similar sequence as last year. 
    • Tim
      • Report is in great shape. Thanks for contributions & quick responses. 

    • CEE (Kelly) - 
      •  Rosie, Linda gathered data re. past programming. Will include this as part of review.
      • Lots of events coming up: 
        • SPICE starts next week. REU starts this summer
        • ACSC & faculty version of that (not co-located) coming up.
        • Computing4Change coming this fall
        • List of events on BP wiki page & spreadsheet off of WD wiki page.

    • ECSS (Bob S/Phil/Sergiu) -
      • Getting ball rolling with campus champions fellows (later this year but still in time). Program-wide activity, and projects can span across the project. 
        • Bob to followup with Ron re. # of fellows we can support.
      • ECSS planning all-hands meeting in early June. Will be discussing ramp-down.

    • XCI (Dave L/Tabitha/Shava) -  

      • No update

    • Ops (Greg/Victor) -   
      • Renewing XSEDE allocations for Ops. 

    • RAS (Dave H/Ken/Nathan) -  

      • A3M finished the necessary features and successfully completed the demonstration on May 17 to have XRAS become an ORCID Certified Service Provider. XRAS should be appearing on the official list soon.
      • RAS is continuing to work with new SPs to connect them to AMIE and work with them on the allocations process. Open Storage Network is currently testing their AMIE integration.
      • Planning in-person XRAC for December. 

    • Program Office (Ron/Leslie) - 
        • Reminder: Enter Publications in XUP and documents in IDEALS
        • Reminder: Reference collaborations in tracking worksheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19YRAPeAForh5I9Xvhj8nKjROe3-JN7a1caLYbNamPaw
        • Reminder: Address recommendations (Jira)   
        • Couple hiccups with spend plan that have delayed it. Should have it to John/Tim by tomorrow and then will be released. 
          • Shodor question re. moving funds. Can Ron send actual dollar amount to be moved? Bob asked to move $36,000 from 2.1.2 to 2.2.3. If Bob sends this to Kelly she will approve it.  

    • SP Forum (Ruth) -  

      • SPF officers had brainstorming session re. topics next several months. If anyone has info you would like to bring to the forum please let Ruth know. 
      • Next meeting is next Thursday. Fluid Numerics application will be shared to get guidance from them. 
    • UAC (Emre) -   
      • No update
    • NSF (Bob C) - 

      Next Meeting:     SMT - June 3, 2021 

  • No labels