Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:


Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meeting if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 

 

2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Karla Gendler

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - November 10, 2016
  • (1/5) Karla 
    • IPR due 2/15 with quarter close on 1/31. Watch for emails soon for due dates for text
    • Planning will begin mid-January; inputs before March quarterly
    • PSC will provide project manager for XCI upon Janet Brown's departure. Will also need a point on UREP. ACTION Karla will send description to Ralph
  • (1/19) Karla - email from Leslie Morsek about IPR2 due 2/17; highlights language to use and timeframes
  • (1/19) Karla - Planning email will come soon as well, will begin after IPR2 writing is done
  • (2/2) Scott - middle of current reporting period, due to NSF 2/17
  • (2/16) Karla - IPR2 is with Leslie Froeschl and will go to John at the end of the day today; John will finalize and submit 2/17
  • (2/16) Karla - Planning process is underway; L3 prioritized activities are due today
  • (3/16) Karla will be setting up calls w/L2s for Plans
  • (3/16) John - call w/Rudi: NSF would like summary of what we are discontinuing and what we are doing going forward, what has decreased or increased funding
  • (3/30) Karla - reporting and planning emails gone or will be going out. A lot of PCRs in flight hoping to have most done by reporting time. IPR feedback from Rudi will be addressed by L2 and L3 areas
  • (3/30) Dave - SP Forum discussion was good
  • (4/13) Karla - planning and reporting
  • (4/27) Karla - email went out this week for reporting, very tight timeline. John's pass on 5/8 so stay on deck for feedback that day
  • (4/27) Karla - L2s let your project managers know what changes you'd like in the Plan based on XAB feedback
  • (5/11) Karla - report in final stages
  • (6/22) Karla - IPR 3 due August 17th, be prepared for the first week of August
  • (7/6) - IPR3 is due August 17th which means that text will be due to Project Managers on August 7th. The recommendation is that L3s should have their text to their PMs on the 2nd. This also means that L2s and L3s will need to be watching their email for questions on August 14th. Expect to see an email from Leslie Morsek the last week of July.
  • (7/6) - A risk review will begin the week of July 17th. Kandace (though JIRA) will be contacting all risk owners to review their risks where they will have to interact JIRA and their risks to mark them as being reviewed. She will be sending out documentation on how to do this with her email. All risk owners have JIRA accounts; they are the same as your Confluence wiki account and you can use your portal credentials to log in.

Discussion:

  • (7/20) Quarterly Risk Review underway. 

Decisions:

 

Actions:

  • Maytal requested a Quarterly Leadership Radar identifying major project level activities, new tools/functionality released, etc. - Ron to proposal options to serve the need

 

3. XSEDE Website Redesign (Maytal Dahan)

Previously:

  • (1/5) Maytal - Wire frames in place, need decisions from Ron and John and to understand the role of External Relations and their branding study. Initial focus is to work on the website and then move to the user portal with improved navigation, look and feel. Can do a presentation at March or June quarterly. Usability study conducted on the current website in addition to interviews; can share final report from Craig Jansen at TACC. Would be good to do another usability study 3-6 months after the new website. Craig Jansen at TACC.
  • The new architecture and the wireframes can continue to be improved upon but we need an initial design and site map to be approved to not delay the re-design process further. Nothing with a web site is set in stone but we would like to have something approved for the initial release planned at the end of this program year. On the wiki page I link to below there are two documents:

    1.       The presentation I plan to give tomorrow. I’ll make sure to keep it short but thorough enough to answer any questions.

    2.       The Usability study that I talked about at the last SMT meeting if anyone is interested in looking at the final report.

    These are both located on the XSEDE web site redesign is located on the following WIKI page: https://confluence.xsede.org/display/XT/XSEDE+Web+Site+Redesign

  • (2/16) Maytal - site maps are fluid and will change and evolve. Proposing another usability study after the website is out.
  • (3/16) Maytal - finalizing layout. Mapping old to new content–will need a lead for each area
  • (3/30) Maytal - migrating content; need point of contact for each major area of the website–will request via email
  • (4/13) Maytal - sent area responsibilities via email
  • (4/27) Maytal - moving forward as expected; ideally will go live in June; content migration in May
  • (5/11) Maytal - content coming together; 7/1 release date. Top level pages should be high level with options to dig in deeper
  • (6/21) Maytal - freezing content by the end of this month for SMT review; then will begin flipping content
  • (7/6) Maytal - not quite ready for SMT review; content is taking longer than expected but should be ready by the end of July. SP & CEE content in the works. Expect a summary of the pages as they stand.

Discussion:

  • (7/20) In content gathering mode. Page is setup on Confluence for sign-off of each page.  ACTION: Ron to ask Kristin to respond to David's email concerning website.

Decisions:

 

4. Panel Report Responses (Ron Payne)

Previously:

  • (6/19) Topic added  
  • (6/19) Ron - see 6/21 email; responding to main recommendations, not the L2 recommendations
    • Wed. 28-June: Draft responses due from owners to Google draft doc
    • Thur. 29-June: John reviews responses and provides direction for responses
    • Wed. 5-July: Updated responses due from owners
    • Fri. 7-July: John submits responses
  • (6/19) Ralph - leverages Campus Champions...will run by Nancy as well
    • Using the Campus Champions as a generator of Use Cases; ACTION Craig will send text to Ralph
  • (6/19) Greg - we should respond to weaknesses; ACTION Ron will update document 
  • (6/19) John - NSF report can be shared within the Project, not a public document
  • (7/6) Ron - draft information is together; have a couple outstanding topics needing text
    • No need to provide written response to #17 - Ralph/Nancy/Craig - ECSS: Recommendations (Bullet 6)

Decisions:

Discussion:

  • (7/17) Ron: per John's direction, the project will be preparing a response to all recommendations contained within the Panel report.  Ron will be driving the collection of the responses. 
    • A date for submission to NSF has been requested from John to establish a timeline for the deliverable.
    • Clarification on content: All recommendations? All Weaknesses? Others?


5. Mid-Year Project Review (John Towns)

Previously:

  • (7/17) Added to agenda. From John's email: We will be asked to participate in a mid-term review in January or February.  The focus of the review would be on elements of the review report and developments subsequent to that.  We have never been asked to do this, so this is a new piece we will need to work into our schedule.

Decisions:

  •  

Discussion:

  • (7/20) To be coordinated using the same process/flow as the annual review.  ACTION: Ron to work with John to create timeline & milestones once details of review are worked with Bob.

6. Preparing for "Towards a Leadership-Class Computing Facility - Phase 1" (17-558) (John Towns)

Previously:

  • (7/17) Added to agenda as a result of the discussion during the XSEDE All Staff meeting held at PEARC17

Decisions:

Discussion:

  • (7/20) ACTION: Ron to talk to John about the owner, plan and availability date for the XSEDE collaboration document for this solicitation.


7. XSEDE Wiki Policy Document (Karla Gendler)

Previously:

Decisions:

  •  

Discussion:

  • (7/20) SMT asked to review and provide feedback.  PM&R will be looking for approval of the document on the 3-Aug. SMT call. 

Status updates:

Follow this basic outline:

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) - XAB call on Wed. 9-Aug is being moved from 1:00 pm (CDT) to 10:00 am (CDT). Updated meeting notice will be going out early next week.
  • CEE (Kelly) - Nothing to report
  • ECSS (Nancy/Ralph/Sergiu) - 
    • Is there a XRAC Reviewers Code of Conduct? Thought is to use the same thing for Affiliates program.  Dave: No documented XRAC Reviewer Code of Conduct. 
  • XCI (Dave L/Craig) - Nothing to report
  • Ops (Greg/Victor) - 
    • v1.4 of XSEDE Enterprise Services Security Standards document is complete. It will be distributed to the PIs of the XSEDE Partners impacted.
    • Outage on website, Portal and RT. Working with TACC to root cause.  Will provide an update at next SMT.
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken) - 
    • 221 submissions for Aug XRAC mtg
    • Lining up demo for potential XRAS customers
    • SSO hub NICs and CU-Boulder
  • Program Office (Ron/Laura) -
    • BusOps is moving forward with plans to dispense PY7 funds via two amendments (50-70% funds followed by remaining funds) for each institution, this is per the direction of John & NSF.  
    • BusOps is processing the Campus Champion Fellows agreements to ensure funds are provided by 1-Sep.
    • PIF Phase 2 review will be held at the Aug. Quarterly meeting.  Gate 2 deliverables will be provided to SMT for review 2 weeks in advance of the review.
    • No improvements to note.
  • SP Forum (Dan) - 
    • Excellent mtg @ PEARC ~20 sites represented. 
    • Pushing to get XRAC reviewer nominations
    • Discussed upcoming Globus change
    • Discussed how to provide advocacy on conflict of NSF pushing to for expanding yet computing resources are not increasing to fill the current demand.  
  • UAC (Emre) - 
    • 27-Sept next UAC meeting, time TBD
    • Let Emre/Ralph know if there are any topics requests
  • PM&R (Karla/Scott) - Nothing to report
  • NSF (TBD) - Not attended

Record improvements: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19YRAPeAForh5I9Xvhj8nKjROe3-JN7a1caLYbNamPaw

Next Meeting:  August 3, 2017

  • No labels