Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:

Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meetings if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 


2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Leslie Froeschl

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - February 25, 2021
  • (3/25) L3s should be finalizing submission of PY11 planning text to PMs. L2 deadline for final text is next Wednesday 3/31. 
    • Annual report process will start May 1.
  • (4/8) Wrapping up PY11 plan today. 
    • XAB: Friday April 16 10am-1pm CT; Slides due by end of day TODAY (with questions for XAB feedback).  Please place them here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/3/folders/1Cm7K7KajAIjJKaoTZcGIfMKloVS3720e.
    • Requested SP Forum volunteers to sign up to review/provide feedback to an L2 of their choosing. Sent reminder today and hope to get at least one reviewer for each L2 area. L2s: please send Leslie a few times you could do a 30-min call with these folks in the next couple weeks. 
    • Annual report process will start May 1. 
  • (4/22) Meetings with SP Forum reps set up for CEE, XCI, Ops. Still working on scheduling ECSS & PgO. No one signed up for RAS. 
    • Annual report process begins May 1. 
  • (5/6) Annual report text due to your area project manager TODAY
  • (5/20) Annual Report is with John and should be submitted today.
    • Panel review slides will be updated with org charts by next week. 
  • (6/3) Panel review slides have been posted and link was emailed. First run will be at Quarterly meeting (June 22-23). 
  • (6/17) Quarterly meeting next Tuesday/Wednesday. Final agenda has been posted. Panel review slide template is posted on wiki. 
  • (7/1) Next report is in August. Info/schedule re. response to panel report will be sent out when we get it. 

Discussion: 

Decisions: 


3. Arizona State University Request to become Level 3 Service Provider (Ron Payne

Previously:

  • (6/30) added to agenda. ASU's request and application letter sent to SMT on 29-June.

Discussion: 

  • Email approvals from Bob S, Dave H, & Ruth M
  • Vocal approvals: John, Greg, Tim
  • No declines. 

Decisions: 

  • Approved. Ron will send out the official acceptance. 

Around the call up

Follow this basic outline:

      • Status update on significant activities
      • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
      • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
      • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

    • PI (John/Ron) - 
      • John has a short debrief with Bob & Al today. No one else invited (including panel). Will ask when we can expect to receive the panel report. Could be anywhere from a couple days to several weeks. Hope to have it complete prior to August report.  
    • Tim
      • No update

    • CEE (Kelly) - 
      • Terminology task force submitted for a BOF at PEARC. Was accepted. 
    • ECSS (Bob S/Phil/Sergiu) -
      • Working on responding re. the PIF for ECSS training. Plan to get a survey out to gauge interest in training among staff. Will have a response by next SMT meeting.  
    • XCI (Dave L/Tabitha/Shava) -  

      • No update
    • Ops (Greg/Victor) -   

      • No update

    • RAS (Dave H/Ken/Nathan) -  

      • In middle of submissions for next allocation period. 

    • Program Office (Ron/Leslie) - 
      • Reminder: Enter Publications in XUP and documents in IDEALS
      • Reminder: Reference collaborations in tracking worksheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19YRAPeAForh5I9Xvhj8nKjROe3-JN7a1caLYbNamPaw
      • Reminder: Address recommendations (Jira) 
      • XAB meeting is next Friday, July 9 at 1-2pm ET. John to provide debrief on review. L2s will have an opportunity to provide a debrief for their area. 
      • Will provide updates on PIF requests on next SMT call. Ron will be talking with larger partners re. status of spend plan so decisions can be made re. PY11 budget. 
    • SP Forum (Ruth) -  

      • Susan Mehringer & Jay Alameda lined up for terminology training in August for SP Forum.
      • Status of Cancer Computer? They need to establish as a nonprofit in the US in order to be considered. Not sure of status of that, but John will be meeting with

        Roy Chartier from Compute Canada.  

        • Ron will send a notice to them that we are considering this done until/unless they establish themselves in the US, and when/if that happens they should reapply. 
    • UAC (Emre) -   
      • Planning meeting for July. 
    • NSF (Bob C) - 

      Next Meeting:     SMT - July 15, 2021 

  • No labels