Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:



Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meetings if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 

 

2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Scott Wells

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - September 27, 2018
  • (9/27) John confirming dates for the remainder of the year.
  • (9/27) Risk Review in two weeks.
  • (9/28) Proposed XSEDE2 reporting schedule reviewed by John and sent to the SMT for review and approval.
  • (10/11) Provide more time for completion & avoid conflicts. 
    • Will require an update to PEP. 
    • John has informed Bob that this is coming. 
    • IPR7 work will occur during SC18, but most of the difficulty will fall to John
  • (10/11) Decision to move forward with the proposed new schedule. 
  • (10/25) IPR7 commences on Nov. 1. Changes to this IPR from previous ones include:
    • L2 sections should provide updates on any management changes (L2 director, L3 manager, PM change).
    • L2 section highlights that you want moved up to project level highlight, please highlight this in the template.  Ron will then pull from that for the project level highlights. High impact things. 
  • (11/8) Positive feedback from PMs re. reporting process thus far. Deeper dive into submitted content next week.  Please continue to be responsive to PMs as they try to resolve any issues/questions
  • (12/20) IPRI commences on Feb. 1. 
    • Annual report will be due May 15.
    • NSF review: dry run Monday, June 10. Review June 11-13. 
  • (1/17) Reporting period is coming up in 2 weeks. Risk review notifications will come out next week.
  • (1/31) IPR8 reporting process begins tomorrow. 
    • PY9 Planning begins Feb. 11. 
  • (2/14) IPR8 Copyedits were completed yesterday. John has started his review. 
    • PY9 planning is underway. Plans are due today. Budget info will be added tomorrow.  

Discussion:

Decisions:

 

3. March Quarterly Meeting (Ron Payne)

Previously:

  • (1/29) Added to agenda.
  • (1/31) Will be held March 4-6 at the Embassy Suites LAX North (same as XRAC). Room block details will be sent out soon. 
    • Agenda will include PY9 planning summaries from L2s. Craig will present a 30-min plenary on ROI. Ron will send a request for other topics next week. 
  • (2/14) Hope to have registration link posted today; room block closes Friday. 
    • Agenda:
      • L2 plans plus a few other topics that have been requested.  If you have other sessions you would like to request, please submit ASAP so we can finalize schedule. 
      • ER working on updating the the What is XSEDE video and will be doing video taping during Quarterly.   Working to ensure that leaders have scheduled time to be videotaped. 

Discussion:

Decisions:

 

Around the call updates

Follow this basic outline:

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) -  


  • CEE (Kelly) -   
    •     
  • SP Forum (Ruth) - 
    •  

  • UAC (Emre) - 
    •  

  • NSF (Bob C) - 

Next Meeting: 

  • SMT - March 14, 2019 

 

  • No labels