Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees:

Canonical Meeting Template (as a reminder):

1. Review of meeting agenda
2. Addressing issues

  • Description/Status of issue
  • Review of action items from previous meetings if any
  • Recommended actions and discussion of same
  • Close issue or identify next action items

3. Status updates from SMT members

  • Status update on significant activities
  • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
  • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)

Agenda/Notes

1. Review of Meeting Agenda: Any comments/additions? 


2. XSEDE2 Reporting (Leslie Froeschl

Previously:

  • Previous discussion archived: SMT Meeting - January 13, 2022
  • (2/10) IPR17 is getting wrapped up. Thank you all for your efforts and getting your inputs in on time.

Discussion:  

  • RY5 Annual Report collection will begin May 1. Please be responsive to the posted schedule! 
  • Thank you for contributions to lessons learned. The doc is coming along nicely. Please keep an eye out for questions/comments that come your way and be responsive to those. 

Decisions: 


3. Terminology Task Force Update(Linda Akli

Previously:

  • (4/21) Added to agenda.

Discussion:  

  • Sitebulb runs have started for scanning materials. Posting outputs to the wiki. Concern about where this work will go when XSEDE ends. Encourage all XSEDE partners, SP Forum providers to lift the work and take to your home institution with attribution to XSEDE as the originating org. Will also be included in main website archive. 
  • "Dummy value" term. Need to reach out beyond our perimeter. Sergiu to take the lead on this. Susan Mehringer had meeting with training team. Sandy Kappes pointed out the problem with this terminology in Fortran. Sergiu to contact people in standards body to say we have this concern, would you consider replacing with some other language. 
    • Would John like to be co-signatory? Or would he prefer to send it? Need response from John Towns about his preference. John to let Sergiu & Linda know his preference.
  • Was brought to TTF's attention that "underrepresented minority" is considered offensive by many. Preferred that you name who the group is specifically instead of using this general term. General preference is to use "communities that have been denied access" or "marginalized." This term is embedded in metrics language due to NSF use of the term. No plan to change metric names.

Decisions: 


Around the call up

Follow this basic outline:

      • Status update on significant activities
      • Review of prior open issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
      • Identification of new issues if any (and not addressed earlier in agenda)
      • Identification of recent improvements implemented

Updates from SMT members:

  • PI (John/Ron) - 
    • No update 
       
  • Deputy Director (Tim) -

    • Michigan subaward (IRIS) application is still stuck at NSF. Continue to inquire about this weekly. 

  • CEE (Kelly) - 
    • Preparing to be responsive to Annual Report
    • Moving out of virtual space to doing things in person. Expecting 75 people at SURA for Advanced Computing for Social Change. Considering vaccination/masking requirement. Plan to test students at beginning & end. 
       
  • ECSS (Bob S/Phil/Sergiu) -
    • Revisiting possibility of ECSS working with campus champions & new SPs to help with XSEDE-ACCESS transition. Working to identify funding for this. NCAR has some funding that could be reallocated to this effort. Dave and ECSS needs to finalize negotiation of exact dollar amount available. 
        
  • XCI (Dave L/Tabitha/Shava) -

    • No update
  • Ops (Greg/Victor) -
    • Working on sitebulb scans for TTF
    • Final report - include ticket data back to XSEDE1? 
      • If showing XSEDE1, show all of XSEDE but also split out specifically XSEDE2 separated out. 
    • Some new staff added to Ops team from NICS. 
       
  • RAS (Dave H/Ken/Nathan) -

    • Planning for XRAC meeting. 

    • Planning for transition to ACCESS.

  • Program Office (Ron/Leslie) - 
  • No labels