corPlan: Add links on XUP to training materials and events from the broader HPC community.
Why: The XUP training pages originally only included materials and links to XSEDE SP materials. Adding links to select materials from the community allows us to present a broader range of quality training materials, coordinate rather than duplicate development, and focus our development efforts on materials that do not already exist.
Extent: We do not intend to create a repository including all HPC training materials; HPCU already exists. The intention is to add select high-quality materials appropriate to the XSEDE audience to supplement and complement XSEDE materials.
Source: Material suggestions come from a variety of sources:
- Collaborators we already work with, e.g. PRACE
- Suggestions from XSEDE staff
- Unsolicited offers from HPC Training groups and industry
- Solicited; we would like to contact HPC Training groups to collaborate & coordinate
Location: TBD, e.g. incorporate into the existing course catalog, or add one page to the training tab on the XUP, with two sections:
- Events: Title, Link, Host, Dates, Format (e.g. in house, webinar), Short description
- Materials: Title, Link, Site, Format (e.g. slide deck, online module), Short description
Procedure: Note: avoid overburdening resources (Reviewers, UII, etc.).
- Solicit (from HPC Training colleagues at XSEDE SPs and the HPC Training Consortium) and Collect (via email, typically from XSEDE staff and HPC training groups) suggestions (Training)
- Quick Review/Approve (Training (Doug James and Jeff Sale) or Internal referrer)
- Focus on appropriateness and value added.
- Primarily look for obvious disconnects: is there any reason not to link to this item?
- Post, Method/Design TDB (See Location above)
- Maintain (Training)
- Check links & roll over events listing quarterly
- Re-do quick review annually
- Record history of community additions in confluence
- Consider higher-value materials for roadmap links. Would require formal review.
- Require metadata, e.g. category and keywords, to enable deeper search
- Later review scope of effort. Expect 1-5 submissions per month initially.
- Add community rating input (1-5, comments)