In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, XSEDE staff have transitioned out of their usual offices and into telecommuting arrangements with their home institutions. They continue to work both to support research around the pandemic and to ensure we operate without interruption.
XSEDE will continue normal operations, and we expect no interruptions to services or resources at this time. As a project, we are working to coordinate staff efforts that span all of our constituent institutions across the country and plan for scenarios that might impact the project. Many of our staff are practicing social distancing and working remotely from their homes, but we do not anticipate any interruption in staff activity.
To lend further stability during this crisis, we are creating processes to track the status of collaborating institutions across the county so that we can adapt rapidly should the situation change. This page provides a variety of information to help the entire XSEDE community stay abreast of changes that might impact the XSEDE project. As the situation develops and more information becomes available, we will share details through this page as well as our normal communication channels.
Please be aware of the following:
- XSEDE's Extended Collaboration Support Services (ECSS) is an allocated resource, and researchers should request this service on their allocation request. ECSS services can be requested at any time, including as a supplement to an existing project.
- All XSEDE online training is continuing as planned.
- All in-person trainings are being converted to a remote platform or are on-hold for the time being.
- XSEDE has a wealth of resources for those shifting to teaching online classes this semester. See https://portal.xsede.org/training/course-catalog and http://www.hpcuniversity.org/resources/search/.
- The HPC Monthly Workshop Series will be offered via Zoom rather than at multicast sites. The sessions will include individual named accounts, exercises, and Q & A. Registration will be one (very) large webinar class on the XSEDE Portal Training pages. Alternatively, the lecture materials can be viewed at YouTube.com/XSEDETraining.
- XSEDE Cyberinfrastruction Integration (XCI) has increased its capacity and capabilities for virtual consulting with those running campus cyberinfrastructure systems. If you are interested in making your local CI more useful in general, or aiding and contributing to the COVID-19 HPC Consortium ( covid19-hpc-consortium.org), contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We in particular are well positioned to help you install bioinformatics software and compilers on your system to aid you as you try to aid the fight against COVID-19. We can’t come visit you, but we can help you via teleconference and with remote execution of commands on your system in concert with you!
The June 7-8, 2020 XRAC meeting will likely be held remotely. More details to come as they’re available.
At this time all XSEDE-allocated resources and services have reported to be fully operational and foresee no interruptions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If the status of any resource or service changes we will provide updates on this page.