Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Participants:  Linda Akli, Chris Hempel, Dana Brunson, Jay Alameda, Karla Gendler, Marques Bland, Kate Cahill, Maytal Dahan, Kelly Gaither, Marisa Brasil, Alex Rocha, Susan Mehringer, Juan Martinez Ramirez,

Action items:

Notes/Agenda:

  • Important Dates
    • 8/22: IPR6 due to NSF
    • 8/27-8/29; Quarterly Meeting, Chicago
      • Details still being TBD
  • General Announcements– Kelly
    • Request parallel sessions at quarterly
      • Linda will request Computing4Change session - include Kelly, Marques, Kate
  • WBS area updates
    • Workforce Development – Jennifer
      • Training – Susan
        • 3 of 5 workshop topics available via Youtube
        • Training roadmap work underway; David Montoya, Jay, and Kent contributing
        • Now up to 18 badges - will start reporting them in reports
        • Victor Eijkhout has joined the team
          • Participating in badge effort
          • Will review training content
      • Student Programs – Rosie
        • Continuing discussions with Cal State University team regarding preparing students for spring training sessions
        • Held first of 6 Computing4Change seminars
        •  Session went well
        • Used closed captions on Zoom
      • Education – Jennifer/Kate
        • PEARC Empower activities went well
        • Several students presented
        • Several participated in student volunteer program
        • Student contributions to the conference were impressive
        • Jeff Pummill formed group of Champions interested in education activities
    • User Engagement – Chris
      • 69 June startup PIs contacted, 16 responses to date
      • 146 PIs with allocations that started 7/1 contacted, 13 responses
      • 1,668 PIs in quarter 2, 3, or 4 of their allocation contacted, 66 responses to date
      • Expect close to 50 action items from these contacts
      • Work on input to IPR underway
    • Broadening Participation – Linda
      • New code of conduct document looks good
        • Need reporting form posted
        • Need to replace Chris as ombudsman
      • Plans underway for future workshops
      • PEARC travel awardees found the conference valuable
    • UII – Maytal
      • Will starting posting summary of meeting notes on wiki
      • XUP updated to meet security requirements
      • Training roadmaps edited
      • Integration of Orchid into XUP has begun
      • Susan Lindsey has begun periodic website review
    • Campus Engagement – Dana and Henry
      • PEARC Champion activities a success
        • Anniversary video
        • 23% of attendees were Champions
        • Leadership team now complete
  • General Discussion
  • No labels