Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Participants:  Chris Hempel, Doug James, Juan Martinez Ramirez, Marques Bland, Kelly Gaither, Aaron Weeden, Dana Brunson, Maytal, Rosie, Susan M, Weddie Jackson, Linda Akli, Jeff Sale, Alex Rocha,

 Action items:

 Notes/Agenda:

  • Important Dates
    • 2/15: IPR5 Due
    • 3/5-3/7: Quarterly Meeting in Tampa, FL
    • 5/15: RY2 Annual Report and PY8 Plan due
  • General Announcements– Kelly
    • Midyear Review Update
      • Onboarding of new resources/communities; KPIs; Security
      • Did discuss where does XSEDE end and SP begin – need to come up with a good infographic that explains this
      • Need to improve our communication; more external/marketing type thing
        • Have thought about this with BP – longitudinal tracking; going to try as a project to take that approach; start at something that everyone can wrap their head around and then talk about how we enabled that
        • Anything that you would see that could fit in that category, email the mgmt. team or Kelly and Karla
        • For CEE, what kinds of thigns are worthy?
          • Demonstrate to your liking that CE developed a role in bringing in new/different communities/institutions, we want to know
          • For BP: doesn’t matter how far back but wants to point people out
          • Have we affected a curricula?
        • Can we answer the question so what?
        • We need help; people are spinning so fast; if we gave someone some nuggets to turn into stories, that would be good;
        • Think about this in the vein of speaking to Congress
    • Reporting – not quite meeting our targets on some things
      • Synch and Asynch training – they were down; synch was acutally up compared to the same period last year; for asynch it was down; but are working on advertising themselves for the new training
        • Think about additional ways to collect impact
          • Someone who got a lot out of training, can ER do a story on them
        • How do we see the impact?
        • May need to ask Lorna/Lizanne how do we get to impact questions on the user survey?
        • Would it be worth tying in to the roadmap, ask the question what will you be able to do that you couldn’t do before?
      • Think about creative ways to get the impact
        • We need to motivate people to give their stories; targeted outreach, etc;
      • For website and portal, need to get at impact and not just numbers;
        • Maybe from user survey feedback, could reach out to them
        • Numbers aren’t particularly useful;
        • Who do we have coming to the website? What demographics?
  • WBS area updates
    • Workforce Development – Jennifer
      • Training – Susan
        • Had an article in Impact by XSEDE
        • Tried the pre-/post- test
        • Berkeley courses the education team uses were based in our online courses and now they are served out of moodle and not being caught anymore
      • Student Programs – Rosie
        • Abstract accepted at Preparate (educating Latinos for the Future of America) – learn how XSEDE is preparing students for workforce; panel of Rosie, Linda, Kelly, and a advanced computing for social change member
        • Finally connected with CASI – grassroots effort for Hispanics to complete programs in computer science; formed network community with HSIs and Google; work with regions across country to get students from community colleges to 4 year colleges and forward; only 4% of STEM master degrees to Hispanic; CASI has a goal to increase this to 20% by 2032
      • Education – Jennifer/Kate
    • User Engagement – Chris
      • Sent out 1250 emails to PIs, have received 37 actionable items, resolved 32 of them already but there are more responses that are incoming
      • All of input in to IPR5
    • Broadening Participation – Linda
      • Emergining Researchers National Conference – will put out a call for materials
        • Judging student presentations and PD workshop
      • Joint webinar with Rich Knepper pulled together all of the HCUs in Carolina and trying this approach; it is a CIO group but are interested in faculty training; department of commerce
    • UII – Maytal
    • Campus Engagement – Dana and Henry
      • Large group led by Henry doing a Cybertraining proposal
      • Champion profiles for the 10 year anniversary
      • Leadership committee – transitioning away from XSEDE
      • PEARC submissions

 

 

  • No labels