Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Participants: Linda Akli, Jay Alameda, Dana Brunson, Kate Cahill, Maytal Dahan, Weddie Jackson, Susan Mehringer, Je'aime Powell, Juan Martinez Ramirez, Alex Rocha, Jeff Sales, Aaron Weeden

  • Important Dates
    • March Quarterly Meeting – 3/10 – 3/11
      • Session requests have been made by Susan Mehringer for the Terminology Task Force and a Training Breakout
      • Only agenda for first day is published. Unclear when second day will be available. First day is focused on PY11 review by L2 area.

    • PY11 Planning – will be discussed at Quarterly.
      • Wrap up SOWs this week. =/- 5% due yesterday. Publications due today. Kelly will be preparing the PY11 slides for the quarterly meeting next week.
      • Remember: KPIs can be changed during the planning process without a PCR; after the planning process, any KPI changes will require a PCR.
        • Review KPIs closely, as this will be for the final year. So, depending on the wind down, some KPIs may realistically need to be adjusted downward.
      • Link for PY11 Planning slides for Quarterly: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1HPkWPuidjTXRdCxQvpjRuE6M4nmAbDJvssXpgYkPg7c/edit#slide=id.p1
    • Identify any new risks to be added to risk registry (i.e., any that relate to new solicitation?). Maytal indicated new risks may be may be in the allocations the overlap or transition of allocations. None identified specific to CEE.
  • General Announcements– Kelly
  • WBS area updates
    • Workforce Development
      • Training – Susan
        • SPs without XSEDE staff have to contact Susan, who will set up training registration for them. Upcoming is Anvil at Purdue. Jay indicated there are a couple of ECSS staff from Purdue that could be granted admin rights. Tabitha Samuel of XCI is the point of contact for tracking new resources.
        • Bridges cutover was very compressed due to COVID and the reason only a week was given for PIs to move their files et al.
        • Susan will be requesting slides for the training breakout at the quarterly meeting.
      • Student Programs – Aaron
        • EMPOWER applications for the summer cohort closed 2/26. Received 50 student applications and 25 projects. This is approximately 25% lower than the number of applications for summer 2021. Review of applications will begin next week.
        • EMPOWER applications for the fall cohort will open June 25th .
      • Education – Kate
        • Applications of Parallel Computing is in progress. Had to do quick transition to Bridges 2 but Tom Maiden provide early access for course T/As to help with the move. Morehouse College is participating and Je'aime indicated very positive feedback with plans to participate again next spring. Jay and Lorna are supporting pulling participation data.
        • Faculty workshop planned for the summer are ACSC in June as a 2 day experience; Computational Chemistry using same one week format as last year. Computational Thinking to be determined.
        • Kate presenting twice at Macalaster College. Looking for a slide with all the upcoming student opportunities.
    • User Engagement – Weddie
      • Business as usual
    • Broadening Participation - Je'aime
      • No ACSC workshop planned for the summer. C4C @SC21 planning is moving forward.
      • Hackathons planned for PEARC21 and SC21 (HPC in the City of St Louis)
      • Presenting a session on leveraging Hackathons at HBCUs at the Association of Computer Science Departments at Minority Institutions (ADMIannual conference later this month. XSEDE is a supporting sponsor.
      • PY11 plan to increase the number of Hackathons to three
      • New User Training webinar scheduled for the University of Central Florida in April (HSI)
      • XSEDE Overview seminar being scheduled for University of Maryland Eastern Shore (HBCU)
    • UII – Maytal
      • Account creation now requires acknowledgement of the code of conduct
      • Account creation is streamlined
      • Working with XRAS on publications
    • Campus Engagement – Dana
      • Campus Champions leadership team has a new chair
      • Champions considering what is the definition of members; currently have letters of collaboration signed by institution leadership under the "banner" of XSEDE
      • Virtual Residency submitted PEARC21 paper
    • General Discussion
  • No labels