Need more input from John re. strategic planning that happened earlier in the project
Notes/ Discussion items:
- Why were we successful overall? Tried to distill down to a few things.
- Agile in internal processes and technical processes
- PIF process proved harder than we thought it would–dynamically putting funds elsewhere.
- Having the process in place made the redistribution process here at the end so much easier
- A large complex project has to develop this capability. Whether what we did worked well or not... we had to establish the process is a LL
- writing–having the L2 reviews of science stories was effective
- having tools to better understand reach, what people are engaging with vs not
- ability to get writers at some of the smaller institutions–feel we might miss stories.
- Add "brand" to theme language
- Communications person embedded in all L2 areas–could have captured things as they happened both for reporting, stories, etc. Capture things they hear at meetings.
- Good idea, but an expensive idea.
- Someone who would understand what resonates with various audiences.
- Need more input from John re. strategic planning.
- KPIs–need to be allowed to fail or people will low-ball them. They reflect & can influence direction but are not a measure of success. Indicator.
- Balance of process across the org–where too much/too little. Just enough/not too much. Hard spot to find.