|Timeline||Check with Bob about longitudinal study timeframes||John Towns||TBD|
Notes/ Discussion items:
- Purpose of the meeting is to brainstorm ideas for studies, not make decisions.
- Training - since we started logging training attendance in the database, can we see their full lifecycle? Would also be nice to look at HPC monthly workshop series impact.
- Look at institutional impact for monthly workshop series.
- We have registrants and participants marked for all training since the start of XSEDE2.0 in the database
- Kelly would like to know what the path is for trainees through XSEDE.
- Students - is it possible to track the students and what does their path look like? where did they go - industry, academia, back into XSEDE as a PI?
- Populations - any of the students that we have in a program EMPOWER, IHPCSS, ACSC, student champions,
- John wants to check what the time constraints on studies should be from NSF's perspective.
- Graduate students on XSEDE accounts, what do they go on to do. Include undergraduates and postdocs.
- NSF Graduate fellows can get startup allocations as PIs.
- ECSS - do people come in with funding or without and does that funding profile change and publication list change after receiving ECSS support
- Do we know how students in one group moves to another and introduces in HPC? Social network analysis
- Sometimes ECSS staff will connect research groups that didn't know about each other who go on to collaborate together.
- BP - with aforementioned studies, would be good to disaggregate by MSIs, underrepresented groups, etc.
- Themes - Are they really in the ecosystem? Are they included?
- Persistent campuses - UPRM, Morgan State, UTEP, Cal State LA, Navajo Technical.
- XCI - Follow what happens on campuses after XCI installs a cluster stack. Campuses - Bentley University and Southern Illinois University (might have an institutional story - talk to VCR).
- Program Office - to what extent has the "Discover More" been effective? How has this changed awareness and perceptions? Longitudinally it would be interesting to look back and compare to previous strategies and campaigns.
- Campus Champion Fellows - over time how has the program impacted their career.
- Strategic Plan, metics, KPIs - institutional change. Rudy and Barry would be a good informant.
- Champions - consider including them in the study.