Notes/ Discussion items:
- Could we do something independent of a university where students get a certificate for what we are teaching them?
- Perhaps adding resources and creating a YouTube series offering
- Badges need to be tied to certificates. Certificates mean more when there are badges associated with them
- Currently, we're keeping a data repository on different topics. So we could keep that model going and keep things based on the different repositories
- Currently getting together case study information for social issues to focus the curriculum
- Should we look at the traditional way of getting a set of badges (through XSEDE)? A social justice way?
- Depending on the target population and their institution culture, would it be valued or not? Is it the students or the faculty getting trained who gets them?
- For Kelly Gaither: Suggestion to look at CCCE.org. Sharing materials for teaching